DDO Goes Free To Play

Marweas

Weasel4
Veteran X
Veteran XX
Any of you play DDO? Anybody care that it's going free to play? Home | Dungeons & Dragons Online

If you need a beta code, I'll make it simple for people. When you fill out the Beta Sign-up form, in the PROMO CODE section, enter TW4LYFE. The first 200 people to use that code will get invited.

UPDATE 6/15: been sick all week and not answering messages. getting more codes tomorrow, so if you're still looking for keys, PM me here.

Last edited:
I'll make it simple for people. When you fill out the Beta Sign-up form, in the PROMO CODE section, enter TW4LYFE. The first 200 people to use that code will get invited.

Thanks man... I was just talking to Lobster about this game in IRC on Sunday.

It was kind of fun when I played it in beta a long time ago... but I wasn't really into it enough to subscribe. The game does have some interesting action elements to it, but it felt to me like a game stuck in purgatory between a good action game and a good D&D game and not doing either particularly well. I found myself wishing they would just drop the D&D crap and go all-out action, but a lot of D&D nerds were already pretty pissed as it was, and that's the IP the game is based on...

It'll be interesting to see where it has come since release.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest. It's been tough to bring this project to life over the last year and keep it under our hats, but we feel this is the right move for DDO exactly because of comments like that.

No committment, to money requirement, pay as you go, ala carte, or subscribe. And the game has changed considerably since launch. For people who enjoy FPSs, DDO is a great experience without any committment.

Marweas you don't know me but I know you and I don't like you

just kidding let's be pals

Never went to any UVA LAN, but you may remember me as being the best tribes player of all time

Back