[college - classes - graduation] What would you do?

Gil

Veteran XV
I've got 4 more classes before I get the magical piece of paper. I've got 2 options on how to take them:

• Take all 4 this quarter, making it long and stressful. Graduate mid-June
  • Take 3 this quarter and take the final one in summer. Graduate mid-July

Other info:
Spoiler

What brings this up:
Spoiler

i swear to god i was about to make the exact same post as you gil

literally in the EXACT same boat

im leaning towards taking one class over the summer, summer classes are easy and relaxing

it would be nice to just finish already though but the job market is scary now :[

I started job hunting in November, and graduated in December.

I just got a job offer today.

No matter what you decide, you need to look for jobs asap.

more stress now - none in the summer.

less stress now, take class during summer...

really up to you - if you don't mind taking a class in the summer, why not?

I would hate delaying graduation and going ot school over the summer over 1 class... but i also don't know how hard those classes will be for you

I'd graduate in Mid-July. Do you get to walk with all of your classmates at the regular graduation date even though you stay an extra summer?

No sense rushing into it, an extra month isn't going to kill you. You'll be more relaxed and less stressed out. Besides, who wants to look for jobs when they are getting hammered by their classes? You'll keep your GPA intact and your job search will likely be more successful.

Ya, I get to walk at my graduation even if i take the summer class. I just don't get the actual diploma. I am REALLY strongly leaning towards that 1 summer class cause it seems easier.

Around here no one ever gets the actual diploma during the graduation anyway. They give you fake bindings/papers that looks like a diploma, and then mail the actual diploma to you.

Around here no one ever gets the actual diploma during the graduation anyway. They give you fake bindings/papers that looks like a diploma, and then mail the actual diploma to you.

Same... I guess we just don't get it mailed as soon obviously.

I wonder what would happen if you failed your summer class you'd look like a fool to your family etc. Essentially your graduation ceremony would be fake then, that would be embarrassing.

Also, I kind of want to cram the last class in though cause I don't want to seem like I'm going to be graduating late to my friends/family and give them the explanation. No one will understand since there all going to panic and say "WAIT YOU ARENT RLY DONE YET?" *sigh* I can already hear it.

I'd graduate in Mid-July. Do you get to walk with all of your classmates at the regular graduation date even though you stay an extra summer?

No sense rushing into it, an extra month isn't going to kill you. You'll be more relaxed and less stressed out. Besides, who wants to look for jobs when they are getting hammered by their classes? You'll keep your GPA intact and your job search will likely be more successful.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking, but I wanted to get some perspective on it. It seems like a lot of people agree with option B.

I could NOT care less about walking (and the whole graduation ceremony) at all.

Back