red dawn is impossible

i dont think you are asking the right questions triple

the real question is why the fuck do soviets and cubans care about smalltown usa in the first place

if they had to occupy every small town shithole of 2000 people... the logistics are mind boggling!

Didn't the colonel that got shot down say that the cubans and Nicaraguans came up from the south the the russians came in from the north and split the country into two? in some sort of surprise attack?

I doubt that it could happen in this day and age but it might have been more feasible when the movie was released.

Col. Andy Tanner: [Describing the invasion] West Coast. East Coast. Down here is Mexico. First wave of the attack came in disguised as commercial charter flights same way they did in Afghanistan in '80. Only they were crack Airborne outfits. Now they took these passes in the Rockies.
Jed Eckert: So that's what hit Calumet.
Col. Andy Tanner: I guess so. They coordinated with selective nuke strikes and the missiles were a helluva lot more accurate than we thought. They took out the silos here in the Dakotas, key points of communication.
Darryl Bates: Like what?
Col. Andy Tanner: Oh, like Omaha, Washington, Kansas City.
Darryl Bates: Gone?
Col. Andy Tanner: Yeah. That's right. Infiltrators came up illegal from Mexico. Cubans mostly. They managed to infiltrate SAC bases in the Midwest, several down in Texas and wreaked a helluva lot of havoc, I'm here to tell you. They opened up the door down here, and the whole Cuban & Nicaraguan armies come walking right through, rolled right up here through the Great Plains.
Robert: How far did they get?
Col. Andy Tanner: Cheyenne, across to Kansas. We held them at the Rockies and the Mississippi. Anyway, the Russians reinforced with 60 divisions. Sent three whole army groups across the Bering Strait into Alaska, cut the pipeline, came across Canada to link up here in the middle, but we stopped their butt cold. The lines have pretty much stabilized now.
Robert: What about Europe?
Col. Andy Tanner: I guess they figured twice in one century was enough. They're sitting this one out. All except England, and they won't last very long.

Texas would seriously fuck up any attempt to invade through our southern border. An amphibious attack on FL would be pretty pointless too. GG rednecks and swampland.

McDawn.gif

Yah the show in some respects did not fully represent the ammount of US citizens who have guns and would use them.

Back