Wii outsells 360, PS3, and PSP

TheGrudge

Veteran XV
IGN: Wii Sales Through the Roof

Sales of Nintendo's little white console were off the charts in October, according to new data released by the NPD Group. Wii sold 803,000 units for the month, singlehandedly outselling Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PSP combined. Microsoft's console sold through 371,000 units; PS3 190,000 and PSP 193,000. PS2, meanwhile, picked up another 136,000 players.

I bought a Wii for the same reason I voted for Obama, I just wanted to pick the winner.

Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart were good... and they were all Mario games. Nintendo are on top... but only because of things like Wii-Fit and the like. Even the N64 and Gamecube had a larger number of good games and Nintendo was in last place in sales with those consoles.

I can't believe people are still buying PS2s, wtf.

Granted you can probably buy them for 50 dollars used now (and their games for 20 dollars or less).

I'm not saying I would get one (at all... since I have a PS3 that will play any PS2 game), but I'm sure there are people out there who want a cheap console (with thousands of games out for it to choose from).

ps2s cost one hundred and thirty american dollars

i bought one so i could play shadow of the colossus and be frustrated by final fantasy 12

Oh and oddly enough, today was the first day I thought about turning on my Wii in many many months. It's a cold rainy day and I've got nothing to do, so I seriously contemplated attempting to play Zelda: Twighlight Princess. I played through the first 10 hours when I got it and really had to force myself through it it was so boring (then completely gave up when I started running around as linkwolf... wtf).

Not to mention, no matter what anyone says, the game is fucking UGLY. It's a washed out brown and green game with shitty textures and low polygons, even when it came out. The art direction isn't anything special either (again, regardless of what the reviews said). With that in mind, I did not turn my Wii on, and it will probably stay off for another year or so until I contemplate playing through Mario Galaxy again.

I might buy another Wii later after their games flush out but having one from release till about six months ago made for Zzz after beating everything so quickly.

I'm sure I'll say the same about my 360 after I beat everything I want to play.

I might buy another Wii later after their games flush out but having one from release till about six months ago made for Zzz after beating everything so quickly.

I'm sure I'll say the same about my 360 after I beat everything I want to play.

Yeah but for the PS3/360 you actually have more than three choices of quality games to play (Zelda (supposedly), Mario Galaxy, SSBB (only if you're into that kind of thing).

i bought a wii for zelda

i literally owned the thing for like 3 weeks while i beat that and resident evil 4

i don't think any new games have been released for it since

Back