[new job] yeah so...the honeymoon is already over

BadMoFo

Contributor
Veteran XX
after two weeks, I've found a company filled for the most part with rookies that have no business designing networks that transport highly sensitive health care information.

no consideration for the current federal and state statutes, no vision for scalability and security.

I'm spending my days playing musical fucking public IP blocks with hospital networks instead of fixing the 20 or so pages of problems I've found in the last two weeks.

on the good side, I like some of the guys I work with, there are some smart people "in the trenches" but the director of said IT department is essentially a retard.

oh and I've already cracked just about every password they have....

and yeah....

I really wish people would be fucking up front in interviews about the environment they have built so I wouldn't have to tell them they are retards.

luckily for me, there's no shortage of jobs for someone with my skills and I don't think it will be very difficult at all to find a new one...

I may give this company a couple more months to realize that they need some serious redesign before I start looking too seriously

other than that my life is just great :sunny:

how about you fellows?

/blog

How come you don't see this as an opportunity for promotion? A lot of shit to fix and not everyone can do it? Sounds like a big raise is in your future.

How come you don't see this as an opportunity for promotion? A lot of shit to fix and not everyone can do it? Sounds like a big raise is in your future.

sometimes it's just better to cut and run rather than wage a losing war

well there is a big opportunity, like I said, I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water just yet.

there is tons of things to do, the question is can I get the c-level people to agree that is where I should be focused.

it will take some doing but I can build a very strong case for it.

there are some positives, but I was basically lied to during the interview about the entire infrastructure and the company.

so there's that hurdle to overcome....

too bad you dont make 8 figures a day and have a 14 inch cock that super models snort coke off of like me.

Mofo, run. They lied and have just fucked you over. You know the drill. Duck and cover man.

Back