do you put your peanut butter in the fridge?

dan-o2

Veteran XV
i'm from the west coast and i've always done this, my wife is from the midwest and she doesn't. i'm the correct one though, right? who the fuck leaves it out?

this just in - refrigerating natural is just as stupid. it's natural for a reason, natural peanut butter is meant to be runny. that's the "natural" part of it. you need to mix it before applying.

plus how the fuck do you eat toast with refrigerated peanut butter? toast doesn't hold enough heat to be able to disperse refrigerated peanut butter, so your toast would be cold.

and if you're eating cold toast then you really are fucked.

Um, peanut butter doesn't need to go into the fridge.

Organic peanut butters needs to go into the fridge because they can seperate into oil and peanut paste. Most peanut butters contain an agent that keeps them from separating, and can usually keep from anywhere from 6-8 months without refrigerating, if a jar in your house even lasts that long.

this just in - refrigerating natural is just as stupid. it's natural for a reason, natural peanut butter is meant to be runny. that's the "natural" part of it. you need to mix it before applying.

plus how the fuck do you eat toast with refrigerated peanut butter? toast doesn't hold enough heat to be able to disperse refrigerated peanut butter, so your toast would be cold.

you need to contact the makers of natural style peanut butter and have them change the labels, they say to stir & refrigerate

Greetings from Australia.
We don't refrigerate peanut butter, atleast noone to my knowledge.
Kind regards.

Organic peanut butters needs to go into the fridge because they can seperate into oil and peanut paste. Most peanut butters contain an agent that keeps them from separating, and can usually keep from anywhere from 6-8 months without refrigerating, if a jar in your house even lasts that long.

You do realize it takes like 3 seconds to mix the separated oil in the peanut butter with a knife before spreading right?

that's not the issue at all. Have you ever tried to spread cold peanut butter onto a slice of bread? When toasted it's possible, if not, you're heading for dangerous waters.

Back