We haven't had a speeding ticket thread in awhile

28K Modem

Contributor
Veteran X
Pulled over by Minnesota State Patrol for 79 in 65. I pleaded with the officer to not give me a ticket because I'm a broke college student and I was up visiting my Dad for father's day. "I've pulled over a few students today and all you have to do is obey the law."

Anyway, what are the benefits of attending the court date? It says I can plead guilty and offer an explanation which seems like my best option. Can I get it thrown out if the officer isn't in attendance?

Obligatory: You broke the law, you deserved it.

Cops in Minnesota just look at my last name and say sorry to inconvenience you, have a nice day and tell your dad wasup.

asdf.jpg

I haven't had a speeding ticket in awhile

Don't go more than 7 over.

Daughter got another ticket a couple weeks ago, radar trap. Hired the Ticket Clinic again. They're huge down here in Florida, charge $80 and the case gets thrown out.

Check this guy out.
MINNESOTA DWI/DUI TRAFFIC LAWYER JOHN DELMORE

You'll probably have to pay more than $80, but hire someone regardless.

Search google for the term "Traffic lawyer Minnesota" to see more listings.

79 in 65 is not worth hiring a lawyer. You're just wasting your money for 14 over.

Go to court and plead leniency (the cop will show). Also you can try to find out the prosecuting attorney that day and call him and try to strike a deal before the court date (do this well before the date).

Alternatively if you don't care about the points, you can probably just send the fee to the courthouse right now. Not sure about Minnesota but here in VA, reckless is anything over 15MPH or anything above 80 (which requires you to go to court). Take the points and watch your rear from now on. :shrug:

Don't go more than 7 over.

Daughter got another ticket a couple weeks ago, radar trap. Hired the Ticket Clinic again. They're huge down here in Florida, charge $80 and the case gets thrown out.

Check this guy out.
MINNESOTA DWI/DUI TRAFFIC LAWYER JOHN DELMORE

You'll probably have to pay more than $80, but hire someone regardless.

Search google for the term "Traffic lawyer Minnesota" to see more listings.
Seems like a waste of time and money to hire a traffic lawyer. Add in court costs on top of the attorney fees and I'm probably looking at more than $130 (the posted fine). I got a ticket last year and my insurance company didn't find out.

I got a ticket for driving in the car pool lane as one person. (I just used the exit, because of some strange situations, it was pretty fucked up) I'm getting a mitigation hearing and hopefully I can atleast not get it on my record. We'll see.

Seems like a waste of time and money to hire a traffic lawyer. Add in court costs on top of the attorney fees and I'm probably looking at more than $130 (the posted fine). I got a ticket last year and my insurance company didn't find out.

Give him a call anyway, it's the principle we're talking about now. If you wait a week, you'll get a bunch of flyers in the mail from lawyers looking for your business. At least that's what happens down here, the mail box is flooded.

Most of the time, the cop doesn't show up, because they know people like you are going to pay the fine and move on with life. The lawyer will show up and keep continuing the case until the cop doesn't show.

Pay that shit and go on. Life goes on. I have to pay a window tint ticket tomorrow morning. $170 :\

Back