[Bush] Mission Accomplished 2008 - least popular president in modern history

TseTse

Veteran X
5 years ago, yesterday, Bush declared:

"In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."
^ May 1st, 2003

PH2008050103400.jpg

Which is befitting today's headline...

WASHINGTON DC (CNN) -- A new poll suggests that President Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush is handling his job as president.

"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

yeah now you fucking live with it you ignorant fucking flip floppers
everyone told you he was bad news you stupid fucks

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

not just iraq but the current state of the economy... (ex: bush admin supported the banks on predatory subprime practices). he and his thugs make up by far the worst and most evil administration in american history.

however, i blame the ignorant population more, as well as simpsons for making foxnews possible which influenced said ignorant population and swayed the vote just enough in favor of the 49% necessary to win it for bushy.

basically... america is fucked because of:
BartSimpson4.gif

causality is a bitch, aint it :p

Last edited:
The future has been looking pretty grim ever since 9/11, and it's getting uglier every day.

If Clinton gets elected I'm moving to the ocean.

Last edited:
not just iraq but the current state of the economy... (ex: bush admin supported the banks on predatory subprime practices). he and his thugs make up by far the worst and most evil administration in american history.

however, i blame the ignorant population more, as well as simpsons for making foxnews possible which influenced said ignorant population and swayed the vote just enough in favor of the 49% necessary to win it for bushy.

Sure.

But they also lied to the american people, played on their fears and abused their power. I still think we need criminal investigation into who explicitly knew the claims about WMDs (nuclear in particular) were bogus, leading into war. Those people need to be in jail for treason. If that also implies those trying to cover-up the facts, as well as going after media who investigated the facts... so be it. *cough*

The disregard for the Constitution and implying that criticism was being unpatriotic... were truly fascist in nature and tone, way too easily accepted by americans in general (and the media, initially). Many americans still seem to think heavy handed rhetoric about "security" means all our principles & values can get tossed out the window.

What they have done to the Law, both national jurisprudence and international law... is devastating. It will be 10 years of recovery, if we even head in the right direction, in terms of undoing all those shitty legal opinions, legal positions, signing orders, executive orders, legal actions, etc.

In the end, however... Bush shredded USA's credibility in the world...

Spoiler

Last edited:
However bad Bush has been, i wouldnt expect the next President to do wonders with the pile of shit situation being handed to them... esp if a Dem president combined with a reactionary Dem Congress. Some silly partisans will try to pretend any eff-ups by the Dems in the coming years somehow will improve Bush's legacy. Wrong.

we're clearly winnin the war on terra

afghanistanx-large.jpg

We havent even fully taken down the Taliban, let alone al qaeda. :ftard:

(wait, why are we at war with the taliban themselves?)

One of these days we're gonna fully wake up in the USA to the realization that we needed a shitload more troops in afghanistan to finish the job there, and when that happens... the anti-war momentum will have grown strong and america's will to persevere (in human and material costs) shall have diminished dramatically.

Is this a war on terror?
Is this a war on al qaeda?
Is this a war on all evildoers and enablers?
Is this a war on "radical islam" and rogue nations?

Way to fuck up, Bush.

Last edited:
Back