[So] I had my wallet stolen

cJ|Krash

Veteran XV
A few months ago I had my wallet stolen. I filed a police report and canceled my cards before any significant damage could be done. The guy got away with however much cash was in my wallet, a bunch of gift cards, and charged a few misc items to my debit card and credit cards. The crappy part about it was that I had my SS card in there, drivers license, etc.

So, a few days ago I get a letter in the mail about a credit card that I recently opened and to give this 1-800 # a call to confirm that it was me. I call and in minutes find out that this dude opened a CC in my name and maxed it out. So now this guy has a ton of free crap and there's really nothing preventing him from doing it again with another credit card. All the information he used to open the card is mine... except one difference. This genius gave them his home address, and now I have it to. Oh the possibilities....

Why would you have your SS# in your wallet? It's too much of a risk. You are just lucky this guy is such an idiot.

The cops will take forever to do anything in this situation. I've helped a friend who had something like this happen to her, and the cops were fucking useless. Your best bet is to seriously get a few friends and go knock on his door when you know he's home, then take all the shit he bought, then beat the fuck out of him. You think he's gonna go tell the cops that you beat his ass because he stole your identity?

might be a PO box or something.

I'd still fuck smash the shit out of him and everything he owns.
It's an apartment complex on the westside... thats the only thing that scares me. It's a shithole and he probably packs or at least has a knife.

call the cops

We did that and it entailed a shit load of work to get things done. Credit bureaus don't want to help much b/c there's so much identity theft fraud going on. So you have to file a police report (again), call each of the three bureaus, and all they'll do is put a note on your credit report that says your identity was stoled. Then you'll STILL get collection calls from the new card because they'll sell the debt to a collection agency for a few cents on the dollar and try to profit from you. Yay!

Back