New Valve Lithographs, Can't Decide On Which To Get

ViRGE

Veteran XX
Valve has added a bunch of new swag to their store including 3 new lithographs, one from each of The Orange Box games. The TF2 one is kind of boring, but the HL2:Ep2 and Portal pieces are very nice. Since I collect gaming memorabilia I'm going to get one (and only one) but I can't decide which to get.

Help me TW, should I get the HL2 lithograph or the Portal lithograph? The HL2 piece is more intricate, but then again who can say no to the murdering GLaDOS? :brows:

35 bucks for a fucking poster?
Yeah, it's a bit expensive, but the results are nice. The lithography prints looks better and lasts a lot longer(i.e. doesn't fade) than normal ink printing does. Now if Valve was really crazy, they could use laser cels (lithography against mylar instead of paper).

i wont deny that they are neeto looking and all

it's just that if i were spending my own money on artwork to put on my wall, i'd choose something more emotionally substantial than a concept rendering of a videogame

God damn it, I've wanted to buy one of those Parking Passes for Black Mesa for ever. I tried to add one of those along with a low number Aperture labs pass, however when I click add for the Aperture labs pass it doesn't go into my cart. Doesn't say sold out. What the hell :(

i wont deny that they are neeto looking and all

it's just that if i were spending my own money on artwork to put on my wall, i'd choose something more emotionally substantial than a concept rendering of a videogame
art is art IMO

there are undefined tiers of nerdiness associated with different kinds of art, and this example ranks pretty high, but those are still the works of talented artists and can be treated as such

Alright, the HL2 lithograph it is. It's just a shame these don't come matted, I'll have to find a local store that can do it without ripping me off.

Back