Choking cop gets a pass

SuicideTaxi

Contributor
Veteran XX
Don't ask me how

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. — A police officer who appeared to choke a skateboarder in a video posted online has been cleared of any wrongdoing by an internal review board.

The Hot Springs Police Department Internal Affairs Board found the use of force was within the police department's policy on non-deadly force and recommended "no changes to this policy." The decision was released Monday.

Officer Joey Williams stopped a group of skateboarders June 21 on a downtown city sidewalk. Skateboarding is banned in the area.

The video shows Williams apparently choking one of the skateboarders after forcing him to the ground, then later chasing and wrestling two others while holding them in a headlock.

"This was a minimal force issue," Police Chief Bobby Southard told The Sentinel-Record. "He didn't resort to anything above hand control techniques and handcuffing."

Southard said Williams, who had been put on administrative leave, will return to bike patrol downtown Thursday. Six skateboarders — two adults and four juveniles — have court dates pending.

Me != Surprised

There's murderers and rapists in the city and they go chasing around kids riding on planks of wood. The typical excuse, when I was skating at least, was that we were damaging city property. Funny thing considering that when I turned around I saw bladers were allowed to roll around in their fucking fruit-boots where ever they please doing just as much, if not more damage.

/rant

man when I skated we never had this problem. They pushed us off our boards and took them. No questions asked...and it doesn't take a genius to no skateboard where there is no skateboarding.

Two words -

"Arkansas"

If he would've been in a place that actually qualifies as civilization he'd be out on his ass.

The revenge of those kids would be to put up a
"kill a cop" website with info on how to run from the law. Cops hate it when people talk about that kind of stuff. If the cop is going to get off then the 5 kids standing around midas well run for it.

Last edited:
25tolife.jpg

Me != Surprised

There's murderers and rapists in the city and they go chasing around kids riding on planks of wood. The typical excuse, when I was skating at least, was that we were damaging city property. Funny thing considering that when I turned around I saw bladers were allowed to roll around in their fucking fruit-boots where ever they please doing just as much, if not more damage.

/rant

"fruit boots" :lol:

can you get any more pathetically and pointlessly divisive?

Back