Final Fantasy 4 to be remade into 3d.

Maybe FF3 will drop down from its $40 price tag

:lol: at them emphasizing that it has a tentacle monster

Last edited:
FF2 and 3 which are the Japanese 4 and 6 were fucking awesome. By ***FAR*** the best Final Fantasy games in existance. Made back when graphics hardware was shit, so they actually had to focus on storyline and character development instead of skipping that to focus on fancy 3d movies and other stupid bullshit.

It's badass that they're remaking it into 3d. I have a DS, so maybe I'll pick this up :) If they remade 6 as well, that would be badass.

I would like to play this as it was one of my favorite SNES rpgs.

Next to 3 (VI) and Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Trigger was awesome too. That's one game that I still get goosebumps just hearing the theme song from it.

That's why I say the writing was so much better back before graphics were good. They couldn't make the game look amazing on an SNES, so they had to wow you with the writing. Games like the Final Fantasy games that were on the SNES, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, those games made you feel so close to the characters and the world you were in. When the game was over you always felt sad that you had to leave those character and that world behind because you were so enthralled with everything going on inside of it.

I can't remember the last time a game drew me in that much. It's been 10+ years I'd bet.

I think in part they don't explain and develop things as much now because adding a new detail of story or area costs far far more. To add a few new sprites and generic SNES backrounds is nothing. To add those areas and details in 3d however, is a significant undertaking of manpower. It's not the only reason, but it's a contributing factor to current RPGs not living up to the old SNES ones.

I think in part they don't explain and develop things as much now because adding a new detail of story or area costs far far more. To add a few new sprites and generic SNES backrounds is nothing. To add those areas and details in 3d however, is a significant undertaking of manpower. It's not the only reason, but it's a contributing factor to current RPGs not living up to the old SNES ones.

The fancy 3d RPG's don't really interest me. That being said, if Square announced tomorrow that they were gonna release a brand new Final Fantasy that used SNES sprites, SNES music, and didn't have a single fancy 3d movie in it, I'd run out and buy it immediately.

I bought FF3 for my DS, and it was pretty good.

Final Fantasy 4 is garbage. Hey lets bring everyone back to life! No one can die! Tralalalalala.

I swear this game had a random encounter every 4 steps.

that's retarded

there is NO need to make that game into 3d

what the fuck is wrong with square

i'm pretty sure he was a dude

either that or that game was way ahead of it's time with a lesbian relationship between the main character and the token priest girl

Back