So how much will Iraq be changed with this new Defense dude....

It won't. Both Shiites and Sunnes want the same thing, to see everyone NOT THEM killed. They won't stop this suicide-bombing and terrorism until no one who isn't a Muslim is left.

The war won't change because the reason for the war hasn't changed. The cause for war was profit, and plenty is left to be made. The only potential downside is dead soldiers, chaos in Iraq, and international condemnation.

Bush has demonstrated how little he cares about those things, Bob Gates isn't going to magically change his mind.

the only truth ive seen on iraq, posted here on tdub!

and by AJ!

The war won't change because the reason for the war hasn't changed. The cause for war was profit, and plenty is left to be made. The only potential downside is dead soldiers, chaos in Iraq, and international condemnation.

Bush has demonstrated how little he cares about those things, Bob Gates isn't going to magically change his mind.

The fact time even nominated Bush as Person of the Year completely baffles me.

Bush has pretty much said he doesn't have the heart to fight this anymore.

The "Bush Doctrine" - the only real way to end islamic terrorism - is dead, by the same man who unleashed it unto the world.

Why? Because the world is full of pussies - and not the good kind like that cheerleader thread - but the kind that will sell out their countries to appease a misinformed public.

he has won it 2 times already. They didn't want to give him the threepeat.

First two were iffy, but this time we have some pretty clear evidence of his fuck-up ie. Iraq's present situation.

I mean you don't give the retarded kid in the class a gold star on his quiz when he answered all the questions wrong just so he doesn't feel bad.

The "Bush Doctrine" - the only real way to end islamic terrorism - is dead, by the same man who unleashed it unto the world.

Why? Because the world is full of pussies - and not the good kind like that cheerleader thread - but the kind that will sell out their countries to appease a misinformed public.
"The Bush Doctrine"..... was that the famous "your either fer us or agin us", or is it more complicated than that?

I think this is the saving face moment for the bush administration, when they can get a new guy in there who has a fresh perspective instead of the neocon strongarm rumsfeldian vision of PNAC. This will allow them to change 'course' in Iraq by doing what they CLAIM to have been doing all along - listening to advisers. In reality, all the demands come from the top, cheney and bush run the show, cheney protects bush from the important decisions that he could be called to testify on, and bush lays out the demands based on what he 'feels' is the right choice after a conflict has been described in its most basic form.
The only remaining option for them in Iraq is to follow the Iraq study group findings, I think thats what they will do, and what they have been doing for months now - its been out for a while to them, but it just came out recently for the public to read.

Its questionable weather they will give way and have diplomatic relations with Iran, an Iraq study group recommendation, because of our strict loyalty to Israel, but perhaps they have no other choice and maybe they'll recognize this.

the iraq war has been handled by the bush administration without regard to public opinion and it has only lead to an increase in the threat (and action) of international terrorism. Iraq is used as a recruiting tool and a training ground for would-be terrorists. Having a harder hand in Iraq would not have changed this. What was needed was a completely different exit strategy, not the "bush doctrine", which at this moment means nothing, since we have not had a clear exit strategy as has been widely reported.

"The Bush Doctrine"..... was that the famous "your either fer us or agin us", or is it more complicated than that?

I think he means the Cheney doctrine, also known as the 1% doctrine.
If there is the slightest chance that some group or plan posses a risk to the US, treat it like its a certainty, treat a 1% chance as though its a 100% chance. This means using un-confirmed evidence, which is useless evidence, to go to war. It means stoping flights from over seas if a single person cant be verified and checked out as a non-threat. It means stationing police outside of NYC banks with sub machine guns when you torture someone and they scream out the first plot they can think of off the top of their head, like "we are planing to bomb a bank" to make the torture stop.

Its a doctrine based on fear after 9/11. They believe that all the terrorists have to do is hit us again, bigger than before in a coordinated attack to win. They also believe that if we are not attacked, it means they are doing the right thing, which isn't sound logic. I believe that A.Q. is holding off on the US and instead fracturing our alliances with nations such as britain, poland, spain, and saudi arabia in an effort to isolate us from the global community, very much unlike the global acceptance immediately after 9/11 to the US plans to invade afghanistan.

I think he means the Cheney doctrine, also known as the 1% doctrine.
If there is the slightest chance that some group or plan posses a risk to the US, treat it like its a certainty, treat a 1% chance as though its a 100% chance.
You might want to revise this as I'm pretty sure North Korea is a larger 'threat' than Iraq ever was...

Back