Christians hate the poor and the environment

orbital 123

Veteran XX
Since when is the poor not a Christian issue?

The Christian Coalition, an organization of over two million members that was founded in 1989 by Pat Robertson, lost its president-elect — the Reverend Joel C. Hunter (pictured on screen) — last week because the group "wouldn't let him expand its agenda beyond opposing abortion and gay marriage."

Apparently poverty and the environment, "issues that Jesus would want us to care about" according to Hunter, were of no interest to the group.
Said Hunter: "They pretty much said, 'These issues are fine, but they're not our issues, that's not our base.'"

Well, it was more "not in the scope of this organization" rather than "don't care", but there definitely is a problem in the focus of the organization.

Well, it was more "not in the scope of this organization" rather than "don't care", but there definitely is a problem in the focus of the organization.

That's because the organization is a political tool for Rich so called Christians. In other words it isn't a Christian organization, it's a rich peoples organization.

A lot of Christians are good people.
A lot of non christians are good people, and they don't try to force others to follow their belief system by trying to change laws.

My mother is a christian, one of my sisters is a christian, my aunt and uncle and my cousins on my mom's side are all christian, and my mothers parents were christian, so yeah they can be good, but they also didn't try to shove their religion down other peoples throats. They kept it to themselves.

Last edited:
A lot of non christians are good people, and they don't try to force others to follow their belief system by trying to change laws.

My mother is a christian, one of my sisters is a christian, my aunt and uncle and my cousins on my mom's side are all christian, and my mothers parents were christian, so yeah they can be good, but they also didn't try to shove their religion down other peoples throats. They kept it to themselves.

A lot of non Christians are good people, but still try to force their beliefs down other people's throats.

Good thing too. If there's any one group that shouldn't have more influence, it's the Christians.

And a lot of good people are not Christians, what's your point?

It doesn't matter how good they are, they're going to hell if they don't accept Jesus's love see.

A lot of non Christians are good people, but still try to force their beliefs down other people's throats.

No they don't actually. how does allowing gay marriage effect a christian personally? They disagree with it but it doesn't affect their lives in any meaningful way. It just means they have to explain to their kids how society is evil (which it already is) and how everyone else is going to hell. Laws that give more people freedom are a good thing. Laws that remove more freedom are bad. Hence Religious law that tries to control other peoples lives, like no gay sex, etc... are bad, while laws that allow gay marriage or polygamy are good.

Hey Orbital, do you just ctrl-c everything you see on the internets and then ctrl-v it here? Don't you think if we were remotely interested in this kind of shit, we'd look it up on our own?

No they don't actually. how does allowing gay marriage effect a christian personally? They disagree with it but it doesn't affect their lives in any meaningful way. It just means they have to explain to their kids how society is evil (which it already is) and how everyone else is going to hell. Laws that give more people freedom are a good thing. Laws that remove more freedom are bad. Hence Religious law that tries to control other peoples lives, like no gay sex, etc... are bad, while laws that allow gay marriage or polygamy are good.
I think you're missing Lucius's point that there isn't a correspondence between being intolerant and Christian and being tolerant and non-Christian.

I think you're missing Lucius's point that there isn't a correspondence between being intolerant and Christian and being tolerant and non-Christian.
Well of course there isn't. Well, at least for moderate christians. The more fundamentalist you get the more intolerant they get, of course.

To think that a self-righteous, racist fuck like yourself has any business pointing fingers at anyone, is just laughable. If someone, anyone ever comes up with the logs of you spouting jesus rhetoric, calling everybody stupid that disagrees, one thread after another, you would leave this place.

I didn't/don't care enough about you to log anything, but I remember how you were. The only reason I respond to your endless bullshit is that watching you grow up in such a twisted and sick way, is entertaining to me.
You're an idiot with a computer. Deal with that before worrying about other things.

To think that a self-righteous, racist fuck like yourself has any business pointing fingers at anyone, is just laughable. If someone, anyone ever comes up with the logs of you spouting jesus rhetoric, calling everybody stupid that disagrees, one thread after another, you would leave this place.

I didn't/don't care enough about you to log anything, but I remember how you were. The only reason I respond to your endless bullshit is that watching you grow up in such a twisted and sick way, is entertaining to me.
You're an idiot with a computer. Deal with that before worrying about other things.

lol

I think it makes perfect 'sense': if you believe in Jesus, you'll be blessed with riches, you'll be happy and successful in life so there's no excuse for being poor. If you are poor, then you either lack faith, or you're black. Either way, it's not Jesus' fault.

Efficiency and progress is ours once more
Now that we have the neutron bomb
Its nice and quick and clean and gets things done
Away with excess enemy
But no less value to property
No sense in war but perfect sense at home

The sun beams down on a brand new day
No more welfare tax to pay
Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
Jobless millions whisked away
At last we have more room to play
All systems go to kill the poor tonight