ATTN: Retarded faggots that care way too much about politics

Kurayami

Banned
I have a question for both (equally retarded) camps on the topic of Bu$Hitler. Moderates need not reply since they are disqualified from being a retarded faggot by default.

Camp 1: You people feel that George "Hitler" Bush is a great man and a patriot that protects America from terrorists. You voted for him and are proud to have done so for some reason. You feel that he is a great president and that things such as CIA wiretaps, the suspension of civil liberties, and the further bloating of the federal government are A-OK.

In other words, you put total faith in the government's desire to serve the people in spite of vast amounts of contrary evidence and several thousand years of human history that say otherwise.

QUESTION: How can you do this when scandals (Watergate, for example) have repeatedly demonstrated that corruption goes to the very core of the American (or any) government and that government conspiracies actually can exist?

Camp 2: You people feel that George "Hitler" Bush is a war criminal that has oil flowing through his veins. He is stupid, evil, and has Osama bin Laden in captivity, ready to release in October 2004--just before the Presidential elections. You feel that there is a vast conspiracy involving all branches of the federal government to subvert the Constitution, murder Arabic babies, and make Dick Cheney rich.

In other words, you reject Occam's Razor and feel that the government (or possibly the shadow government that you believe is really calling the shots) is able to maintain a veil of secrecy over a vast conspiracy involving thousands of people at all levels of the government and military.

QUESTION: How can you believe this in spite of the fact that government conspiracies are routinely and frequently bungled, largely because only those at the very top of the conspiracy have any reason to keep it secret? (See: Watergate, Bay of Pigs, Attempts on Castro's life, etc.)

I believe that the answer to both questions is that you're so blinded by your political beliefs and/or baseless paranoia that you are unable to see the forest for the trees.

you have to wonder, if these are the ones that they bungle, how many are there that they don't fuck up and let us know about?

you have to wonder, if these are the ones that they bungle, how many are there that they don't fuck up and let us know about?
A conspiracy by definition becomes increasingly less sustainable as its scope increases.

So I'm sure that there are many little conspiracies that have gone undetected. Switching Congress' Maxwell House for Folger's crystals, for example.

But when you start talking about conspiracies that involve every branch and level of the government from the President down to secretaries and clerks as well as all levels of the military from the Secretary of Defense down to the sailors on the ship that fired cruise missiles at the Pentagon, it simply becomes unsustainable: Somebody will talk and there will be sufficient evidence of its existence.

The CIA even fucks up wire tapping Americans, for Christ's sake.

I care about politics, but I don't care enough to argue with the nutjobs that post here most of the time.

I'm kind of surprised that there is actual political content in this thread.

I thought it was going to be making fun of anyone who actually tries to 'discuss' politics here.

Camp 2: You people feel that George "Hitler" Bush is a war criminal that has oil flowing through his veins. He is stupid, evil,

OK I am with you so far...

and has Osama bin Laden in captivity, ready to release in October 2004--just before the Presidential elections. You feel that there is a vast conspiracy involving all branches of the federal government to subvert the Constitution, murder Arabic babies, and make Dick Cheney rich.

Now you lost me. It's not a vast conspiracy. Cheney convinced Bush, Bush Decided. Perhaps they sincerely thought it was "the right thing" (I think it was "The Right Thing+" and the profits to be made and political influence to be had made it more "right" than they had a right to think it was) but Bush was not capable of pulling off such a diplomatrically complex operation.

I think Bush is stupid and evil but sincere. I hate that we invaded Iraq, but maybe the neocon theorists were right and it could have been a great success if it wasn't bungled so horribly. The details were on PBS last night.

He wasn't able to admit that he wasn't the man for the job, so he took on the job anyway and fucked it up. Call that Camp 3 I guess.

i realize your a racist kura but christ the world isnt that black and white as the way you started the thread....there are things i like about bush and things i dont. Its far more grey than how you make it out.

thread failure for invalid pretenses at start

I'm in camp #1. I vote the republican ticket because I don't want my taxes going up. I repeated that over and over 2 years ago, and now I'll do it again for the next few weeks.
To kids flipping burgers making an hourly wage, this doesn't matter. But to a salaried person trying to raise a family, it means a lot. And yes, I know the taxes the dems are talking about are the Capital Gains and the Inheritance, but they'll eventually roll back the federal income tax breaks as well. They want all those breaks taken away.

if you are offended by kuras post or think this is a "horrible thread" or "thread failure" then you definitely fall into one of the 2 camps

Back