Self-aggrandizing...

Mud Sloth

Contributor
So, I was bored and reading the virginity thread. I saw Kura use the term "self-aggrandizing" to describe SegaRob here.

For the uninformed, here's a definition:
teh dixshunareez said:
self-ag·gran·dize·ment (slf-grndz-mnt)
n.

The act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation.

Upon reading that post, it dawned on me that I felt like I'd been seeing that term used more often than usual on TW as of late. It's a useful but uncommon term that not too many people would use in conversational speech. So, curious as to why my brain thought it had been seeing more use of it, I did a search for "aggrandizing". I set it to view as posts and sort by user name so I could see if anyone had been overeager about employing it.

My results, starting on the 2nd page because that's where it gets interesting.

It would appear that, on TW, the person with the most uses is Kurayami with 47 posts containing it. The next highest? About 6 other people who've used it twice.

So, maybe it's time for a new term? :shrug:

Cliffs:
- I just wasted 4 minutes of my life.
- Kura's self-aggrandizing usage of impressive vocabulary is <insert judgment here>.
- This didn't need a new post, I just needed to up my failed thread count.

Wow I clicked your link and there are insults about me from kurayami I had never even seen before haha

Only in the company of idiots would you be insulted for having a vocabulary above that of a fifth grader.

"LOL U NO THE PROPER WAY 2 SAY SOMETHING"

Only in the company of idiots would you be insulted for having a vocabulary above that of a fifth grader.

"LOL U NO THE PROPER WAY 2 SAY SOMETHING"

He is just saying that you overuse that one word, meaning that you have very little vocabulary to choose from. Its pretty obsessive of him though.

He is just saying that you overuse that one word, meaning that you have very little vocabulary to choose from. Its pretty obsessive of him though.
I was going more for the having no life rather than being obsessive route. But I'll take what I can get. :rocker:

Back