stargate sg-1 canceled?

KnightMare

Veteran X
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml

The future of Stargate is in question today, as SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running Stargate SG-1, Multichannel News reported today and a GateWorld source has confirmed. The news regrettably follows the airing of the show's milestone two-hundredth episode on Friday.

Stargate Atlantis, meanwhile, has been renewed for a fourth season, with the network hoping to see that the spin-off series can stand alone, according to a source.

Sci Fi Cancels 'Stargate SG-1,' 'Atlantis' However to Continue
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- Sci Fi's flagship series "Stargate SG-1" is set to draw to a close as the network has opted not to renew the series for an 11th season. "SG-1" spin-off "Stargate Atlantis" however will continue, with a fourth season set to launch sometime next year.

The news comes just days after "SG-1" aired its landmark 200th episode this past Friday. "SG-1" wraps its summer run on September 22 with the 10 remaining installments due in March (likely placing the series finale in early May).

"Atlantis" likewise will finish its summer stretch on September 22 with the back half of its third season also targeted for a March start.

As for specifics behind the cancellation, industry insiders point to the show's 30% drop in viewership from last summer. "SG-1's" first four installments this season have averaged a 1.45 household rating, down from its 2.05 average during the same period last year. Lead-out "Atlantis" however has only fared marginally better with a 26% dip (1.5 vs. 2.03).

Both series also have fallen short of the network's recent additions this summer: "Eureka" (2.47 average household rating) and "ECW" (2.37 average household rating).

Still to come in January are newcomers "The Dresden Files" and "Painkiller Jane" while both "Battlestar Galactica" and U.K. import "Doctor Who" return for new seasons later this year.

Official confirmation of these developments is expected to be announced shortly.

WTF sg-1 is so much better than atlantis. they are smoking crack.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOO!

=[

WHO THE FUCK WATCHES ECW?@!!@?

Fucking fuck fuckity fuckster.

And that eureka show is only mildly entertaining.

Give me back my Daniel Jackson.

I'm just going to stop watching TV again.

odd that they're canceling SG1 and renewing the oh-so-mediocre atlantis

although to tell you the truth, i'm just finishing season 8 of SG-1 and it's really gone downhill after season 6/7 - i'm hoping it can't get any worse but i've still got a few seasons to go

I prefer Atlantis to SG-1, but they shouldn't get rid of SG-1. It's what made SCI-FI a big channel apparetly. If this is actually true, I wonder how they could tie Atlantis back to Earth since the SG-1 cast will likely move on.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml

Cooper: SG-1 will go on

Monday - August 21, 2006 | by Darren Sumner

Don't count Stargate SG-1 out just yet. Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series (story), the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.

"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how."

A formal announcement from the studio and the network is expected later this week.

Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."

Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007? Or might the SG-1 team be headed for a TV movie, mini-series, direct-to-video feature ... or the big screen? Stay with GateWorld for the latest developments.

Stargate SG-1 Season Ten continues with all-new episodes this Friday at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on SCI FI, followed by Stargate Atlantis at 10 p.m.!

odd that they're canceling SG1 and renewing the oh-so-mediocre atlantis

although to tell you the truth, i'm just finishing season 8 of SG-1 and it's really gone downhill after season 6/7 - i'm hoping it can't get any worse but i've still got a few seasons to go

see your second comment totally nulifies your first one.

season 8, 9 and 10 so far have been very average, to the levels of total crap.

Atlantis is way better then those. is it better then 1-4 of SG1? nope. But its 10x better then th ecrap in 8 and 9.

Back