Am I OCD, or just anal?

scotsman

Veteran X
- I arrange the cash in my wallet in order of denomination and they all have to be right-side-up.

- If there's a picture on the wall that's slightly off, I have to fix it or it will drive me nuts.

- The volume on my stereo or T.V. is always on an even number - I don't like odd numbers.

- I have one scratch on my 2006 Hyundai Sonata, and it will continue to drive me up the wall until I get it touched up.

- I live alone, and I keep my place spotless.

- My clothes are neatly folded and separated in my dresser...even my socks and underwear.

My girlfriend just thinks I'm organized, maybe a little anal. One of the guys I work with (he's messy) thinks I'm OCD.

So what's the consensus here?

isn't one a clinical description (OCD), while the other is a casual description (anal) of the clinical?

If my assumption is correct, you are both. If my assumption is incorrect, you may still be both.

I'm curious, what happens when you stick a candle in your ass? Report back.

I actually arrange cash in my wallet the same way, but more along the lines of always being able to know when I need to go to the ATM.

It also allows me to track when the wife steals cash out of my wallet.

The picture thing is a little weird, but I somewhat understand the volume thing. I'm a little more flexible though. I'll allow odd numbers on multiples of 5.

And I don't do my laundry, so I'm not one to complain how/where it is folded. I'm damn lucky she touches my stanky ass clothes at all.

i do the same thing with volume, or anything with numbers, i like either even numbers, or numbers that are easily divisible...

- I arrange the cash in my wallet in order of denomination and they all have to be right-side-up. *I do this*

- If there's a picture on the wall that's slightly off, I have to fix it or it will drive me nuts. *I do this*

- The volume on my stereo or T.V. is always on an even number - I don't like odd numbers. *I don't do this, although I agree odd numbers make me uneasy*

- I have one scratch on my 2006 Hyundai Sonata, and it will continue to drive me up the wall until I get it touched up. *I feel the same way*

- I live alone, and I keep my place spotless. *Same, although it's a behavior that was enforced by my mother*

- My clothes are neatly folded and separated in my dresser...even my socks and underwear. *Same, except for socks and underwear*

A few things to add:
- I make sure the clothes and hangers are oriented the same way in my closet
- Shoes on the floor must be next to each other, facing the same direction
- All visible wires can't be tangled (no crossing over)

Some other stuff I can't remember. OCD only becomes OCD when it interferes with normal function. This stuff takes me 1 minute to fix, it's no biggie. When you start to stress over little things then it matters.

i do the same thing with volume, or anything with numbers, i like either even numbers, or numbers that are easily divisible...

Huh. So I guess a lot of people do the even number thing...

I guess it's just having done a lot of sound tech stuff that makes it seem weird for me. That and having no appliances other than a DVD player that gives a numeric volume readout...

Hey guys, I have this habit where I fuck my boss's daughters. Does that make me OCD or something?

I used to fold my underwear but then realized that may have been a bit too much so I throw it in a pile now.
:lol: Same here. At a certain point you have to ask yourself: will anybody really care if my underwear is wrinkled?

- I arrange the cash in my wallet in order of denomination and they all have to be right-side-up.

- If there's a picture on the wall that's slightly off, I have to fix it or it will drive me nuts.

- The volume on my stereo or T.V. is always on an even number - I don't like odd numbers.

- I have one scratch on my 2006 Hyundai Sonata, and it will continue to drive me up the wall until I get it touched up.

- I live alone, and I keep my place spotless.

- My clothes are neatly folded and separated in my dresser...even my socks and underwear.

My girlfriend just thinks I'm organized, maybe a little anal. One of the guys I work with (he's messy) thinks I'm OCD.

So what's the consensus here?

you either have ocd or you're in the military.

Back