[lebanon] die christians die!!!!

TseTse

Veteran X
BBC- Israeli jets also pounded targets north and south of the Lebanese capital, Beirut.

Five people were killed as Israeli planes destroyed four bridges on the main coastal highway in the Christian heartlands north from Beirut.

A UN refugee agency spokeswoman told the BBC the destruction of the bridges was a major setback for the aid operation.

"Now the main road is basically cut off," said Astrid van Genderen Stort. "We are looking at secondary roads, but they are small. That will delay our operations."

The Israeli army said the bridges had been destroyed to prevent Syria from rearming its ally Hezbollah.

Huh???????

_41956284_leb_baal_map203.gif

So... according to the Israeli army... the Syrians are now arming Hebollah in southern lebanon by going NORTH, TO THE OCEAN and down through the christian neighborhoods of beirut.

:rolleyes:

I'm eager to hear the apologists explain these strikes on civilians...

EDIT: and none of the 900+ civilians killed and destruction of lebanese civilian infrastructure has dramatically harmed Hezbollah or stopped them from spamming Israel with their missiles/rockets...

Last edited:
I'm with TseTse on this, there is just no excuse for this crap, and yet the American media (jews) justify all these actions.

Pathetic.

CNN- "This is Lebanon's umbilical cord," Christiane Berthiaume of the World Food Program told AP. "This [road] has been the only way for us to bring in aid. We really need to find other ways to bring relief in."

Israel continues to pretend they can drop leaflets on all of Lebanon as a means to dodge any accountability in attacking civilians.

Last edited:
Iran is the major player and syria is the logistic supporter.
Tse, you don't see the advantage of rearming Hezbollah from a more southerly point? Shortens the supply line by the length of lebanon.
Yeah, call me apologist.
Although the points Mark Levine makes caused me to think and then rethink my feelings.

Stilgar said:
Iran is the major player and syria is the logistic supporter.
Tse, you don't see the advantage of rearming Hezbollah from a more southerly point? Shortens the supply line by the length of lebanon.
Yeah, call me apologist.
Although the points Mark Levine makes caused me to think and then rethink my feelings.

I'm not following your point.

Do i see an advantage in re-arming Hezbollah? Huh?

Perhaps you mistyped.

Perhaps you meant Hezbollah is using northern routes? There is no logistical basis for Israel to be destroying the main road north of Beirut in the christian neighborhoods. Period. All this bullshit about Israel doing this for "miltiary tactics" was bullshit, is bullshit and will remain bullshit. These attacks on civilian infrastructure have absolutely no bearign on Hezbollah's ability to hide their 2 captured soldiers nor their ability to fight Israel. Folks who still believe this non-sense are really just tools of propaganda. It's even sillier than believing Israel bombed that UN site "accidently."

Obviously Syria is to the east of southern Lebanon. Beirut has NOTHING to do with the fight against Hezbollah right now. There were some political wings of hezbollah up there and also some hezbollah-friendly neighborhoods. All are in central and southern beirut. Israel has already bombed the fuck out of those areas and crippled the infrastructure around there. They gain nothing from spreading the pain even further against more civilian lebanese.

If Syria wants to re-arm Hezbollah (not that it seems Hezbollah is short on missiles)... they would likely WAIT until this silly incursion is over and then transport through the south. Duh.

TseTse said:
Yes, the latest news from the middle east is always a dead horse...
People in the middle east are killing each other...

AND IT ISN'T JUSTIFIED?!

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!!?

I don't know precisely which roads theyre talking about but Israel basically bombed all the major roads and bridges between Syria and Lebanon. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't understand your point.

first of all, are you familiar with the highway layout in Lebanon?

If not, you have no idea what major roads, if any, go directly into Syria from the east. That northern highway might have been the best transportation route either because

A) it was the only road capable of handling the traffic and isnt swarmed with refugees going away from the danger zone or

B) because all other major roads and bridges into the area have been destroyed already, so they are using their last option

Israel is trying to prevent re-arming of the enemy, it's a war, that's what you do when you want to win

what's the problem, you think they targeted Christian civilians? What does that gain them?

My point was I can see why Israel would strike the bride...according to your map they picked a more southern route to rearm Hezbollah, and Israel hit it.
For Syria and hezbollah it shortens the supply chain...
For all we know the rocket trucks are set up in syria and then then take a quick jaunt across the border, fire their load and then retreat.

TseTse said:
Perhaps you meant Hezbollah is using northern routes? There is no logistical basis for Israel to be destroying the main road north of Beirut in the christian neighborhoods. Period. .

OK i see your point now. Israel is trying to push Hezbollah further back and isolate the southern villages, the future rocket attacks would come from further north- probably all the way up to southern Beirut for the longer range missiles. Not to mention that Hezbollah headquarters are in southern Beirut.

Regardless of all that, Israel had pretty much said from day 1 of major operations that they were hitting all major roads and bridges between Syria and Lebanon, wouldn't this fall into that category?

SweetbabyJ said:
I don't know precisely which roads theyre talking about but Israel basically bombed all the major roads and bridges between Syria and Lebanon. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't understand your point.

There's not much to understand...he just quotes BBC all day and posts it on Tribalwar.

tse, what do you feel isreal should have done in the past weeks instead of what they have done? No need for any indepth details, I'm just curious if you feel that there being in lebanon is justified at all? What SHOULD they have been doing all this time?

Special---K said:
first of all, are you familiar with the highway layout in Lebanon?

If not, you have no idea what major roads, if any, go directly into Syria from the east. That northern highway might have been the best transportation route ...

Have you even looked at a map of Lebanon??? Does it look to you like you get to Syria by going north along the coast from Beirut??? :rolleyes:

_41956284_leb_baal_map203.gif

The irony is... the USA could have lead an international military force into Lebanon. These routes would have had military check points and would have been capable of searching any suspicious trucks, etc.

Israel didnt want that... and repeatedly has fucked USA's efforts.

Israel has systematically destroyed Lebanese civilian infrastructure. They are harming people who hate Hezbollah MORE THAN THEY DO. That's retarded "military" strategy.

i can anwer for him because we've been going back and forth for a week. He thinks action was justified, but that Israel is being reckless. (I think he's either anti-war or just hates Israel no matter what they do)

Phantred said:
tse, what do you feel isreal should have done in the past weeks instead of what they have done? No need for any indepth details, I'm just curious if you feel that there being in lebanon is justified at all? What SHOULD they have been doing all this time?

I could go on for pages... and have... on this exact (legit) question, but i'll keep it simple.

1. They should have attacked Syria (but Israel doesnt have the balls, so they pretend they can "destroy" hezbollah without dealing with root causes)

2. They should have poured in ground troops in southern lebanon and really focsed on the core 2000-3000 hezbollah militants (those are Israeli's numbers, not mine)

3. They should have allowed the USA to parachute in with Condi and an international military force to sweep into lebanon and provide real backbone to the lebanese army (which is too fragile to be relied upon). By this time, southern lebanon would have been flooded with NATO, Egyptian and turkish troops.

4. They should have allowed the Lebanese reformers to then demand Hezbollah disarm over the next 1-2 years, based on further talks over disputed land like Shebba Farms. Instead of empowering potential leaders in Lebanon with shared interests, Israel made all of Lebanon into enemies... which is stupid.

That would have accomplished soooo much more. USA would have gained legitimacy among arabs. Lebanon would become an even stronger ally. Israel would have more security and a strong pro-west neighbor (instead of a destablized one that now hates israel even more). Syria and Iran would have lost leverage in Lebanon instead of having gained leverage.

EDIT:

5. Get their 2 soldiers back having owned southern lebanon, having empowered the moderate Lebanese leaders, having empowered USA diplomacy and having allowed more reasonable Arab allies to swarm around Hezbollah and begin a disarmament process. That was Condi's plan... and Israel fucked it up.

Personally, i think Israel says they support the idea of international troops in lebanon but doesnt REALLY want that... because it sets a precedent for the West Bank.

Last edited:
Back