Who Killed The Electric Car?

DrJonez

Veteran XX
http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

Looks like a movie worth seeing. There's one line in particular that really rang true with me, and that's the part about how they've been saying fuel cells are "10-15 years off" for the past 10 to 15 years. It never seems like any gasoline alternatives ever get closer to reality.

Fuck the oil industry.

And a preemptive fuck you to republican douchebags who come in here and bitch.

BLAH BLAH HITLERBUSH BLAH BLAH OIL BLAH BLAH

PS You're fat and puked in your own shorts.

PPS I still :heart: you :sunny:

Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?

We do, We do.

every man woman and child willing to pay shitloads for gas killed the electric car
and those who buy large unnecessary vehicles

im 23 and remember 30 cents a litre was not that long ago, fuck this buck a litre garbage

I remeber days of 0.99 a gallon and when there were electric car hook ups in malls but fucking greedy ass fat muther fuckers killed them

Using more electricity means burning more fossil fuels. However, I bet it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to 'fill up' on electricity than gasoline. Imagine charging your electric bill an extra $40.00/m instead of dropping $250-$300/m at your local gas station?

That's a lot of money saved at the end of the year.

Any time you have to convert energy like from fuel or coal to electricity, you lose a LOT in the process.

There is just no way you can use gas to make electricity and then use that power to run a car cheaper than you could run it on gas. Coal, nuclear or hydro is a different story of course, but using fossile fuels to make current is just not a solution.

Stealth said:
Using more electricity means burning more fossil fuels. However, I bet it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to 'fill up' on electricity than gasoline. Imagine charging your electric bill an extra $40.00/m instead of dropping $250-$300/m at your local gas station?

That's a lot of money saved at the end of the year.
Dude, my A/C unit costs $100 a month. $250 in gas to $40 in electricity? I don't think so.

Back