[$$$] Rich Dad, Poor Dad tonight on 20/20

Reggs

Veteran XX
I have not read the book, though I plan to this summer along with listening to the guys CDs. I have his boardgame. In short this guy helps people come up with ways of obtaining financial independence by having a passive income. His stuff has been popular for quite some time, and I know some TW guys are a fan of him.

Yea Rich Dad, Poor dad rocks. I still need to pick up Cashflow Quadrant and read that. The board game is acually pretty fun.

I read his books and listened to his tapes, hes mainly a real estate guy...

I like embracing more of the entire market, real estate is just one sector and if you are too overweight in one sector you will have some bad times ahead.

Cashflow 202 has more of the market, but its still pretty simple market concepts.

mrturtle said:
Yea Rich Dad, Poor dad rocks. I still need to pick up Cashflow Quadrant and read that. The board game is acually pretty fun.

I like to game too. I read that he came up the idea for a game first, but knew he wouldnt be able to sell it right out the door so he wrote his book and just put the idea on the backburner.

well they made a couple hundred grand in a year

albeit they're already fairly established

Yes, his WIFE was fairly well off when he used her money to buy two undervalued properties. Now suddenly his cash flow quadrant and reasoning that owning a house is not an investment is the hottest thing in the financial hot market.

I think his richdad/poordad was debunked by several journalists? I am sure if you google it they come up.

Good book, knowledgable man (if the book is in fact mostly written by him). Although, there have been hundreds of these types just they haven't been as appealing as him. The only difference is he has a nice charisma.

Back