About to go see the Blue Angels

Fubar

Veteran XV
Looks to be a fun weekend in Atlanta. Blue Angels are at Dobbins AFB. The Intl Auto Show is in town for a week. Braves are playing the mets tonight. Good times.

Anybody seen the Blue Angels before? Good show?

If you don't take pics and post you're gonna get banned.

F/A-18D superhornets are cool on their own, but when you have these jocks piloting them, they get amazing.

post pics when you get back, or else.

I've seen the Blue Angels dozens of times. Their flight route went over my house like 50 times during every show (in San Diego). We'd always just sit on the roof and watch them. Pretty cool.

plane.gif
photosmilie.gif

It's days like this that make me wish I had a better digi camera, oh well. I will eventually bump this thread with pics when I get them developed. GF has a pretty good camera.

I am the suck at taking pictures too, so she's on camera duty.

Vanster said:

F/A-18D superhornets are cool on their own, but when you have these jocks piloting them, they get amazing.

their box just happened to be on our row last night. good guys, odd thing is that one of them i had met last yearish at one of their shows in Pensacola.

Wheat-Thin said:
just so you know.. that Robins afb in georgia... not "dobbins"
Just so you know "Dobbins" is just north of Atlanta. Warner Robins is a few hours south of Atlanta. Probebly why he said a good weekend in Atlanta?

This past week it was great being at Home Depot Corperate You look out the window and see them fly right past you. Great view.

Hmmm, Dobbins is a real base, albeit an Air Reserve base.

That'd explain why I'd never heard of it.

(I'm awesome.)

Vanster said:

The Angels fly F/A-18As for some reason.

And the F/A-18D is just a two-seater C. The E/F are the Superhornets.

KnightWolf said:
America's favorite waste of taxpayer dollars!

just imagine how many kids first experience with the us military is the blue angels.. in a good 5-6 years those kids will be recruiting age.

oh and kura if you're coming up to barnes this year blue angels are comin.

Back