[Social Retardation] Name an annoying trait that someone close to you exhibits...

PeuswahBoy

Veteran XV
At work, there are a few of us who hang out on the "stoop" for lunch. Topics of discussion are widely varied, and often resemble a typical GD thread, minus the "STFU faggot"'s.

In our department, we have a separate entrance from the rest of the company, so the only people who wander by are in our department. Generally, they'll stop and chat for a while. Most of them will listen for a while, to see what the topic of discussion is, and then join in. There is one exception, and we call him "Cliff Clayvin". He comes out, interrupts whoever is talking at the time, and then start talking about something totally unrelated, while everyone else is looking at each other like "WTF?".

Example: About four of us were talking about the NCAA tourney yesterday, and he comes out. One of the guys was talking about UConn, and was in mid sentence when Cliff decides to hijack the conversation to talk about sailing. Being polite, we let him finish his statement, and went back to the tourney. Well, Cliffy decides that this would be a perfect time to talk about his wife, effectively taking the infant conversation, and clubbing it into submission. Everyone, at that moment, decided that it must be time to go back to work.

What is the most annoying social trait that anyone you know exhibits?

Come to think about it, I currently don't interact with anyone that exhibits any traits that annoy me. I find that quite surprising now that I think about it.

On another note, how's the knee, pops, and potential job?

fartiusstinkius said:
Come to think about it, I currently don't interact with anyone that exhibits any traits that annoy me. I find that quite surprising now that I think about it.

On another note, how's the knee, pops, and potential job?

The knee is coming along nicely. My dad is feeling better than ever. As a side effect of the surgery, his blood pressure is now normal, where it was really high. The job, unfortunately, didn't work out. :( I have a few other irons in the fire, though. Thanks for asking.

The fact that you don't know anyone who annoys you is shocking to me.

PeuswahBoy said:
The knee is coming along nicely. My dad is feeling better than ever. As a side effect of the surgery, his blood pressure is now normal, where it was really high. The job, unfortunately, didn't work out. :( I have a few other irons in the fire, though. Thanks for asking.

The fact that you don't know anyone who annoys you is shocking to me.
Well 2/3 ain't bad. Too bad about the job, but that'll come along some time.

And yeah I do find it really surprising. Since I switched continents I've developed new social circles and oddly enough don't have anyone that bothers me regulary.

Okay now that I think about it, there was one guy in my math class that was incredibly annoying and simultaneously wanted me to do his work for him and hang out and all this this which I especially didn't want to do, because he bugged the hell out of me. But I basically told him to shove it and he stopped bothering me. I doubt I'll ever see him again anyway, so that doesn't matter anymore. But yeah other than that, I can't think of anyone that currently bothers me (but it may only be because I'm currently blissfully happy on my vacation).

Chikaze said:
My friends say 'brang' instead of brought. It drives me nuts.

:lol: I may adopt 'brang', based on the fact that it just sounds so nice. On a related note, the past tense of 'did' is 'dud'.

people who say "warsh" instead of wash.
people who still use any Chappelle lines
people who chew with their mouth open

I know a Mr.1 Up, Negative Nancy, Anti-Negative Nacy and a guy with less than a 1.2 GPA with no job and talks about getting a motorcycle for about 2 years now (He doesn't pay a single bill, lives with parents), but always has a lot of problems to complain about. He takes the cake.

Reggs said:
I dont intereact with people who annoy me.

My roommate hangs out in his room with his girlfriend every weekend night. They go to bed at 11 o'clock or so. It pisses me off.

SKEET SKEET SKEET!

I hate when people want to gossip to me about someone we both know. Especially if the person they are trying to gossip about is a friend and they don't realize that.

there is a guy that sits nearby who's in the habit of expressing every single goddamn thought that comes into his head at any point in time. Something will show up for a second on the TV or something, and it'll set him off telling anyone in the vicinity the entire history of the entirety of everything, and how it relates to that dude in the ad there.

And this coming from someone who's an admitted "tell the long version" story-relater-type-guy. We've just recently moved in and already the whole team passive-aggresively looks at each other murderously when we hear him going off. Fortunately, it would appear that the members of his own team feel likewise.

MC Hamster said:
there is a guy that sits nearby who's in the habit of expressing every single goddamn thought that comes into his head at any point in time. Something will show up for a second on the TV or something, and it'll set him off telling anyone in the vicinity the entire history of the entirety of everything, and how it relates to that dude in the ad there.
I call that old wise man syndrome.
I get that when I smoke weed.

I mean, yeah, I do it occasionally, I'll admit. I'm a trivia nut.

But this guy.. I mean every thought. He just doesn't stop.

Oh yeah.. I should also add that the guy constantly wears black jeans, black t-shirt, has long, black-dyed hair (that's got about an inch or so of regrown light roots). This in an 'office' sorta environment where everyone else is wearing business shirts.

Last edited:
I hate people that act fake. I have an aunt that I could not image living with her one day much less everyday. I feel so sorry for her husband.

i hate 'experts'

people who think they know everything about fucking everything, and love to share it with the world

i'm sure you all know at least one

coombz said:
i hate 'experts'

people who think they know everything about fucking everything, and love to share it with the world

I'm an expert on being an expert.

coombz said:
i hate 'experts'

About once I week I will have to say "Im an expert on such things. After all, im a Business Major."

Back