Why wont any other games measure up?

CooLGuY

Contributor
Veteran XX
Am I just fucked for life, cause I palyed this game call 'Tribes?
Will there ever be a game that will be as good or equal?

I am really trying to make COD2 work...

how do you guys feel?

I feel the same. I compare most games to tribes.
But for me I don't know about others. When I started playing tribes I was young and playing competitions and stuff was alot of fun. But I'v gotten older and more real life things have gotten in the way so trying to join another community, showing up for scrims, Practices, Etc is just way to much time.

I've been playing COD2 also.

The only games I've ever played at length were Starcraft and Tribes.

People fall for graphics over gameplay now-a-days, so imo, companies have started making shit pretty instead of gearing towards actual gameplay, since it attracts more

r00fies said:
People fall for graphics over gameplay now-a-days, so imo, companies have started making shit pretty instead of gearing towards actual gameplay, since it attracts more

agreed

I haven't played call of duty 2, but the original had me hooked for a long time. One of these days I'm going to get cod2.

I rarely play games these days, and the ones I do play I just don't even compare to Tribes, I don't even try to compare them because there's no point. I just try to enjoy the game for what it is.

I actually get depressed sometimes, because I miss the good ole days of staying up until 5am playing Tribes with my friends/cousins, etc. etc.

Same. The only game I get any enjoyment out of at all is Tribes : V or the occasional T1. :shrug:

lol i was having some serious fun today playing T2. went out for a bit of 1v1 DM with this one guy, got 3 MA nades in a row, and i was recording for once in my life. if anyone wants the recording you can have it lol

By the time another game measures up you probably won't be interested anymore. However, there are some other great games out there, like Eve: Online. You have to hunt for them. I had to hunt to find Tribes... :shrug:

I just want to find a game that I can play for more then 3 hours and wont even notice.

With Tribes I could really paly for 12 hours ++

i think starcraft actually could measure up. i spent just as much time playing that as i did tribes. but the way i had fun in tribes would smash it down easy.

Why? Because tribes was so different when it came out. now every game seems to be the same thing over and over. Also the friendships made and attending the lans. There are alot of reasons why.

Back