[Headphones] TW I need you!

Zombie

Veteran XX
to reccomend a pair of headphones that sound good, and isn't totally uncomfortable to wear while sleeping.

I have a pair of those sony behind the head, but they start to pinch after a while.

the $13,000 Sennheiser Orpheus fits your description well
orpheus.jpg

I just got a pair of Senns HD-595s. Sound pretty sweet.

Don't know how well they would work for sleeping though.

Suck it up and spend some more money, you pay for what you get... do you want your ears filled with shit? Get a pair of sennheisers, check out the hd555s.

i say go for the Shure E2c ($60-70). they're IEMs, which i personally find very comfy, and they sound great.

if they don't look appealing to you, i'd probably recommend something like the Sennheiser PX-100. i use these for my travel headphones and they're pretty good for being like $35. plus, they fold up into a hard plastic case for safe keeping while you travel. (make sure you DON'T get the PX-200; they are more expensive and don't sound as good)

cybermantis said:
Suck it up and spend some more money, you pay for what you get... do you want your ears filled with shit? Get a pair of sennheisers, check out the hd555s.
you cant really travel with the 555s, so all you're doing is pissing him off with your response.

LOOK AT ME, IM MARANTZ, I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HEADPHONES

:heart:

ps
im still saving waiting for good HDMI receiver and saving monies :[

i have two pairs of great head phones that suit my needs greatly right now.

etymotics ER6i for my ipod and laptop

and fuck now i forget the model ... you can buy them at guitar center for 99 dollars audiotechnica somethings. anywho, i run those through a rolls headphone amp for gaming off my main PC. for the price .. they sound incredibly good.

hang on ill find the model

*edit*
these ones

while i havent slept in them, i've played for 5 or more hours and they were comfortable the whole time. great set o cans for the price IMO.

Last edited:
I've had this problem for some time. My solution was to sleep somewhere else and play my music through speakers.

What's needed is wireless earbuds that last at least 8hrs.

DaScandal said:
So what exactly do the vacuum tubes do? Why are vacuum tubes considered superior to whatever else headphones use these days.
Transistors are the device interchangeable with vacuum tubes.

Transistors can be made in incredibly small sizes, but they're not as good as tubes for switching organic information like music.

Grand Masta D said:
HDMI receiver? What do you have like 3 hdmi devices and one input?
i actually have 0 hdmi devices atm, but i want to future-proof it. eventually it'll be dvd/cable/whatever.

marantz will surely tell you why this is bad advice, but the Sony MDR-V150 has always served me well for gaming and music. They're very cheap, very comfortable, and I've slept with them (but if you have a fluffy pillow they'll probably get knocked off your head).

B000092YPR.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

at 10-20 dollars you really cannot go wrong.
-----------------------------------------------
I think out-of-the-ear headphones just won't cut it for sleeping, and in-ear buds just aren't comfortable unless they're those fancy kind that poke into your inner ear as opposed to being those little circular ones like the standard iPod set.

If you're not obsessed with perfect sound clarity, the slightly fancier ipod 'phones that poke into your ear look like they'd be a safe bet. I believe they're around 40 bucks, and you can get a sony or off-brand for less, I'm sure.

I am also in the market for some headphones. I need decent headphones that are cheap. I live in a fraternity house and have 3 roommates. Sometimes I just want to be able to enjoy my music without having to listen to their music/tv/people talking. A buddy recommended Sennheiser HD-497. The price is right and reviews are looking pretty good.
What do you guys think?

I'm looking at the Shure E3Cs for my ipod.

I have Sennheiser HD-555's for my desktop.

marantz, any comments on the E3Cs?

Last edited:
Back