Are you better off today than you were 1 year ago

Ares

Veteran XX
This is not a political thread,

Is your life better than it was roughly a year ago? For me this has been the year I have grown the most in my life I think.

I will agree with you, because I went through a shitty half of a year after dropping out of college. I need to figure out how to change myself to want to go back and try harder. Either that or find my way some other way. It's all kind of up in the air.

Aestis said:
How do you define better off?

I graduated college, so no.

I guess it could mean different things to different people, for me it was about growing

If you want to look at it in terms of money/women/blacks dead after katrina, i dont really care

Yes.

A year ago, I spent a week in jail for driving with a suspended license. My license wouldn't have been suspended if I had shown up to ticket court dates. I was in debt with Verizon, and I wasn't focused on school very much. And because of all these stupid things I was doing, the love of my life left me.

Now, a year later, her and I recently celebrated our 3 yr anniversary (we don't count the month where we were broken up). I have no debt and actually have great credit. I'm so close to a new car I can taste it. I aced all of my spring semester classes and am doing really well this semester. I'm reading more.

Between losing my girlfriend, and going to jail, I grew up a lot. This has been a great year :D

Ares said:
WHATS ON YOUR MIND TIMMY?

I can't define that for you

I would definitely say I am no better off than I was 1 year ago, but I was pretty well-off to begin with so there wasn't much room for upward mobility

Yes, I'm semi retired at 25, moving to Honolulu to study Marine Biology and Scuba dive every day.

If she left you when you were down it means she is a selfish broad and all you seen is just the tip of the iceberg. Trust me, you dump her and you dump her fast.

In the love-girl-relationship sense, no.

In the social-hanging out with friends-having a good time sense, yes.

Financially, yes.

Scholastically, yes.

Back