Removing the gay from the iPod

LostAngel

X
Veteran XV
There's a few new OS's you can install on this fucking pile of shit now right? (I'm a huge iPod hater, but this new nanopileofshit looks hot) :cry: I want to be able to remove the gay* and be able to still use all of it's accessories.

* making it so when you sync at home and at work it doesn't erase all the songs you had on the iPod to begin with.

Anyone have any success removing the gay?

there's this bartender app called iZack you can install

he helps you find true love on the love boat

u can remove the ipod from the gay, but u can't remove the gay from the ipod.

sry jesse.

It doesn't delete the songs if you set iTunes not to sync every song on the computer to it and remove the ones that aren't on the computer. Or you can just use ml_ipod for winamp and also make sure it doesn't remove the songs in the preferences.

Easy, dont buy ipod

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...o&CategoryName=pa_DigitalMusicPlayers_Network

These are smaller than the standard ipod and mini, and 20gb capacity, also its the only HDD based MP3 player I have seen that has any real sensible G-shock protection (dropping etc). We wont go into the user replacable batter (suck on that ipod) or the far superior sound quality (compared to the mini my GF owns) using the same MP3 and same headphones.

The only drawback is the requirement to use their SonicStage software, however I am slowly working on converting all my MP3's to uncopyrighted (its a tickable option in sonicstage) ATRAC3plus format which allows for things like autonormalization and graphic equaliser on the sony player.

All in all, I am far happier with the sony player than my GF's Ipod Mini.

Oh, the sony also features a Line Out setting for home stereo's and car stereos using the normal phono jack without spending a fortune on docking stations etc.

20Gb Sony Dimensions - H3.49" X W0.56" X D2.36"
4Gb Ipod Nano Dimensions - H3.5" x W0.27" X D1.6" (same height, half as thick, half as wide, and 1/5th the capacity of the sony, is it worth it?)

Sure the sony is a crappy B&W screen, but I have found its navigation far easier, and I personally dont sit there staring at the screen. The "Initials Search" makes finding songs so much faster than having to scroll around finding a song amongst the thousands on there.

sony.jpg

Interesting... a conundrum. Although it's pertinent to mention the Nano is a flash drive, not HD, so no skippy skip skip.

Back