ive had enough of this service plan bullshit

I went to compusa today to grab one of those apple cinema displays, right?

I tell the guy I want it, he gets it, I ask what the return policy is.. and he says "within 21 days.. why would you want to return it?"..

me: "..."

him: "so ok whats your address, phone number".. I ask him why he needs it, he says for the receipt.. whatever I know its bullshit but ill give him the info

him: "service plan?"

and heres how things go from there

no. service plan? no. you sure? yes. 70 bucks on an 800 monitor, sure? yes. no. it protects for 2 years and you get a BRAND NEW MONITOR! no. i take good care of my stuff. It doesnt matter it might break anyways. Apple has a warranty right? Yes but only one year. Then no. And if you push it again im gone. Ok..

I just find it weird someone would not get a $70 service plan on an $800 product.

Goodbye, you lost the sale.

And then I walked out.

:|

some guy put a year service plan when I Told him the stores 14 day policy would be just fine without asking me. Needless to say I choke slammed him through the fuckin counter

but then I politely asked that he uncharge me for that 10.00

a one year warranaty, just like everything they pimp service plans on

btw, way to stick it to him
i bet compusa will never recover

triple said:
I just find it weird someone would not get a $70 service plan on an $800 product.

To this I would have replied:

"I find it weird that you work and live in this country and can not understand english. Now let me speak to your boss and explain to him why you lost a easy sale."

Those service plans are such a scam. I can't believe anyone actually buys them, but people must (fucking retards). If you really need to get your warranty extended, get a gold card. All purchases on my visa are automatically double warranty (that's not why I have the card but what ever).

I used to laugh my ass off at people who got all worked up when off we offered a service plan (at circuit city)

Fate said:
Those service plans are such a scam. I can't believe anyone actually buys them, but people must (fucking retards). If you really need to get your warranty extended, get a gold card. All purchases on my visa are automatically double warranty (that's not why I have the card but what ever).

depends on the item. Sometimes they are great though. They are the "golden ticket" so to speak. Way less hassle generally than getting something replaced by credit card warranty or whatever. Plus, manufacturers warranty's don't cover much.

I always get service plans on consoles since they tend to break a lot. It's nice to just walk into the store, say it's broken, and get a new one.

triple said:
I usually laugh my ass off at people who cant work anywhere but circuit city.

didn't you work for a cell phone company for a while saying in IRC that you were going to make 80k a year?

I worked at circuit city my last two years in college and made 40k+ each year

part time.

so yeah I got to laugh at people who got all pissy about service plans. The BEST though was when they had a problem with the product, brought it back to us and got it shipped out for repair...meanwhile we're handing a new computer to another person next to them who got the service plan.

Service plans are great if you know how to work the system. I mean if you're a retard then you probably shouldn't buy them (again it depends on the item).

I bought a service plan for my lawn tractor and I've already saved double what it cost.

triple said:
I went to compusa today to grab one of those apple cinema displays, right?

I tell the guy I want it, he gets it, I ask what the return policy is.. and he says "within 21 days.. why would you want to return it?"..

me: "..."

him: "so ok whats your address, phone number".. I ask him why he needs it, he says for the receipt.. whatever I know its bullshit but ill give him the info

him: "service plan?"

and heres how things go from there

no. service plan? no. you sure? yes. 70 bucks on an 800 monitor, sure? yes. no. it protects for 2 years and you get a BRAND NEW MONITOR! no. i take good care of my stuff. It doesnt matter it might break anyways. Apple has a warranty right? Yes but only one year. Then no. And if you push it again im gone. Ok..

Goodbye, you lost the sale.

And then I walked out.
Well look at that. I am "outraged."

Back