Bittorrent Client

azureus is the best

force download works great when u get "qeued"

and you can set ur download/upload limits on the fly from the tray right-click menu

I use ABC because for some reason, java tends to slam my computer over a park bench and not use lube.

vempire said:
I use ABC because for some reason, java tends to slam my computer over a park bench and not use lube.
same here I use shadows and it seems to be the only one thaat does'nt hog resources

Azureus here also. it is the only one with a decent amount of options and does what i want. ABC sucks arse, and is the distant second.

i don't generally get the whole "hogs resources" deal. I mean does it use like 70 meg of ram? sure. But i still have like 700+ free most of the time. I can play pretty much any game (except BF2... because it sucks 50x more with total arse memory usage itself) with it running without a problem. So i don't really get it... do you people all still run like 256 or 512 meg of ram or something stupid?

Azureus is a very nice program, but it rapes the shit out of your resources.
ABC is like Azureus lite, all the nutrition but no creme filling.
BitComet is just as good as ABC, if not better, too. I'm currently using BitComet, since I was having some problems with ABC.

There's really very little separation between the 'big three' clients, with the exception of Azureus' usage issues.

i don't get the usage complaint with Az at all.

Currently i have a fraction under 10 gig seeding, java is using 75 meg of memory (az is using 65k as it is java that uses it all for the dumbasses). CPU is nothing usage is nothing.

What exactly is it hogging? Sure other stuff isn't implemented in java and thus be a hell of alot less, but it is no where near affecting system performance in any way.

I've been using azareaus and I got p0wned, p0wned I tell you, by my broadband company cause they said I was downloading Hitch off of it, bullshit.

Beren said:
i don't get the usage complaint with Az at all.

Currently i have a fraction under 10 gig seeding, java is using 75 meg of memory (az is using 65k as it is java that uses it all for the dumbasses). CPU is nothing usage is nothing.

What exactly is it hogging? Sure other stuff isn't implemented in java and thus be a hell of alot less, but it is no where near affecting system performance in any way.

It's not memory usage, it's CPU usage. Every other second it jumps to 99% on any of my WinXP systems (even if not downloading) which means you just can't use the PC while running it. Azureus was my fav client pre-XP but I just cant use it now... :(

(JRE/etc updates don't help at all either)

I'm using BitComet now though I check Azureus updates every so often.

Back