RCMP makes good money

orbital 123

Veteran XX
Just saw a friend off tonight, he is starting with the RCMP in some small town southern saskatchewan. 40k to start, but over three years he goes up to 65k a year. Good money for a years education, well plus the 4 years of university.

SharpShooter said:
40000 Canadian = 31824.3 United States

Mwahahaahahaha.

We also have universal heathcare and numerous other social programs that you don't have in the US, so what's your point? It ends up being pretty much the same cost in the end.

orbital 123 said:
We also have universal heathcare and numerous other social programs that you don't have in the US, so what's your point? It ends up being pretty much the same cost in the end.
yea but you get a big(ger) chunk of taxes taken out.. correct?

anyway, starting pay here is 38-48k for a cop.

Yeah but you like only have to write parking tickets for mooses and eskimoes and shit.

ScottTheWise13 said:
yeah but that 30k US is before taxes, so its like 10k $US after taxes in canada

taxes aren't THAT bad in Canada. Yeesh, it's like you don't think we get anything from those taxes either, like socialized medicine, which over 60% of people want in the US btw.

orbital 123 said:

He talks about universal healthcare like its a good thing. Brainwashed?

Geck0 said:
Yeah but you like only have to write parking tickets for mooses and eskimoes and shit.

Well the worst is getting put in a native community, he is in a white community of 1000 people about an hour and a half from regina, so it isn't so bad. 400 a month for a three bedroom place there. Leaves lots of money to spend on other things, like plasma tv's and such.

orbital 123 said:

yeah but I hear the equipment that you can find in just about any hospital in the US, but for hosipitals in canada, theres about one hospital in every major city that would have it

Animo said:
He talks about universal healthcare like its a good thing. Brainwashed?

You are the brainwashed one if you think it is bad. It costs us LESS to have socialized healthcare than it does the US, 3x less. Not only that but our people live longer and we have a better infant mortality rate. People complain up here about our system, but it is much better than what you have in the US, unless you are rich of course, and then you don't have to wait in line, you can jump to another line.

Shifter said:
yeah but I hear the equipment that you can find in just about any hospital in the US, but for hosipitals in canada, theres about one hospital in every major city that would have it

Which makes it pretty difficult to get any kind of MRI or CT scan.

Shifter said:

Like what? I have an aunt, uncle, and 4 cousins with families that live in California, and even my aunt says that the cost of healthcare especially now that she is retired for teaching is crazy. It seems like those that need it the most, the elderly and the poor are the worst off when it comes to healthcare coverage, it shouldn't be that way.

thats weird, most of the people who cant afford insurance (not homless people, but people that acctually work) that I have to deal with are covered by public aid

Animo said:
Which makes it pretty difficult to get any kind of MRI or CT scan.

Point being? You have to wait your turn, that's the point of the system, treat everyone equally. There are some private clinics that have MRI machines popping up around the country but not many, I think they are native run too. Again if you can afford it fine, but if you can't?

There IS health insurance in the US orby, and every old person here has it... I worked at my dads office (anesthesiologist). And they get surgery right away, instead of waiting to travel to a big city and waiting in line for weeks, maybe months.

Dont forget Medi-Care and Medic-aid

Shifter said:
thats weird, most of the people who cant afford insurance (not homless people, but people that acctually work) that I have to deal with are covered by public aid

It isn't the same level of healthcare at all. Hell you guys can't even pick your own doctors down there. HMO's are pure evil IMO. Healthcare is about helping the sick not making a profit.

Animo said:
There IS health insurance in the US orby, and every old person here has it... I worked at my dads office (anesthesiologist).

there are 40 million without it in the US, and it isn't close to private health insurance in what it covers. Nor the level of care.

Back