Longhorn and xbox 360

orbital 123

Veteran XX
Interesting, kind of nice if you can use your xbox360 controller to play games on the PC, not to mention games that are ported to the PC or vice versa.
In a separate address, Microsoft senior vice president Will Poole, who oversees the Windows Client Business at the company, discussed various Longhorn features. In addition to discussing Longhorn's Limited User Account (LUA) security functionality, which I first revealed in my Road to Windows Longhorn 2005 showcase on the SuperSite for Windows, Poole also talked about how a "virtual Registry" feature will provide backwards compatibility with legacy applications in the new environment. He also revealed that the game controllers for the next generation Xbox 2 will be Longhorn compatible as well, providing a single controller for both video game consoles and PCs.

Maybe nextgen MS hardware will be the same and work for the xbox 360. I like to use my keyboard and mouse on the xbox while playing a shooter game. that would be sweet.

Afterimage said:
But can you use mice on an x360?

Hmmm, not sure, but I would guess so, if MS wants to make xbox 360 a media hub they would have to allow for that. You can get a mouse and keyboard already that will work with the xbox, but aren't made my MS as far as I know. It will probably be easier this time around.

Arbo said:
Nothing will replace my keyboard and mouse.

Nothing.

sports games and fighting games play better with a controller, same with some third person games that don't require great precision.

Speculation is that the xbox will have USB port on it... so attaching a keyboard/moused media center is not too farfetch'd

but thats only speculation at this point, so lets not get our hopes up
although a usb port would totally kickass

Ascoe said:
Speculation is that the xbox will have USB port on it... so attaching a keyboard/moused media center is not too farfetch'd

true, you can get a connector for usb that has mouse and keyboard ps/2 ports attached to it, I am sure that would probably work.

this is just another extension of that XDA idea, the cross developer platform. Gates is trying to make xbox and windows code so close together that a game on one is more or less copied and pasted over to a game on the other. That equals mega savings.

Rev_Night said:
this is just another extension of that XDA idea, the cross developer platform. Gates is trying to make xbox and windows code so close together that a game on one is more or less copied and pasted over to a game on the other. That equals mega savings.
And fewer dev teams coding shit to capitalise on multiple systems. It also will hopefully mean a much strong collaboration between Xbox & PC against other console systems. And more games range.

I wonder if microsoft is going to be gay and make you pay for a dvd kit so you can play your dvds. I really wish you could do it with the controller.

That and i just can't bring myself to pay for xbox live, so they should make it free....for me at least.

Back