Someone who speaks Spanish please translate this sentence.

nah. don't leave me would be , " no me dejes " , " no me dejAs " is you don't leave me.. like " no me dejas en paz " you don't leave me in peace ...

It can be translated in various forms, depending on the context.

Literally, it means "You don't leave me" almost like an affirmative sentence or instruction.

In other contexts, it could mean "You wont leave me" as in,

"what? you won't leave me for THAT looser." so it's almost like a question w/out the need for an answer.

There could be other interpretations as well, but more of the conversation or song is needed to be more specific.

fedexxx said:
nah. don't leave me would be , " no me dejes " , " no me dejAs " is you don't leave me.. like " no me dejas en paz " you don't leave me in peace ...

This changes it quite a bit. Anyone else have more opinions?

***It's a developing story of a Spanish exchange student who is hot, I got this TXT message about an hour ago. She leaves on a plane tomorrow monring.

everyone was correct. spanish is just a language, theres many ways to interpret a stupid sentence just like in english

No me dejas cannot be interpreted as " don't leave me " , now if it was " no me DEJES " with e , yes it could.

fedexxx said:
i suppose that's more accurate.. but it makes more logical sense as "don't leave me" than "you don't leave me" unless there is a larger context. i was translating it as a stand alone statement but yes ill admit that you are right gramatically, but i went with logical sense over grammatical rigor. i guess i just assumed that the sentence wasnt written with perfect grammar

Last edited:
Back