Freedom to Iraq

DruMAX

Contributor
Veteran X
Is it freedom and democracy if it is forced upon you by an invading (occupying) force? Isnt it against the concept of freedom and democracy when you force people to be democratic? I wish we would just get the fuck out of there and let them kill each other off...I dont care about Iraq and I never did.

1. This thread will do good.
2. It is forced upon you that you are not killed or that you allowed to kill. Wouldn't you agree that it is a good thing even if it is forced?

fraidykat said:
I disagree with you Falhawk. I think we should be there and we are doing a service to the world. So there!

why do we want to do service to the world but not to our own country?

I'd rather take all the money we have invested in the war in iraq and put it:

1.) into our educational system
2.) into alternative fuel research (mainly thermaldepolymerization)

etc

Falhawk said:
why do we want to do service to the world but not to our own country?

Becuase we can do both. And we are doing both. We can't solve all the problems anywhere overnight. But we can start working on them.

edit: also, we kind of already have a democracy

fraidykat said:
Becuase we can do both. And we are doing both. We can't solve all the problems anywhere overnight. But we can start working on them.

I dont care about Iraq, I just care that we are dumping money and lives into a shithole and I have to hear about it every fucking day. I am sick of Iraq, Isreal, Palastine...etc...

Why Iraq? Why didnt we start in Sudan where they were killing off a million of their own people, Libya who has had terrorist training for the last 30 years and is led by the worlds worst terrorist...I am sick of the justifications that dont seem to have logic, and the bickering. I wish we would just get the hell out of there and let them fuck themselves over. If it is between (starting in Iraq hehe) helping the world and letting them go to shit and keeping our men and tax money here I would say hands off unless we are attacked (which is why I agree with afghanistan)...Oh well...

fraidykat said:

er we can't do both very well...without creating massive fucking deficits.

If we want to make the world better I say dump money into scientific research.

Cheap, renewable energy would definitely help everyone. Better funding for our schools will help churn out more minds to accomplish wonderful things etc...

and since _we_ are a democracy we should get more of a say where our money goes (foreign aid is bullshit)

fraidykat said:

If you call the option of voting for one or the other. then having another person voting for you and your vote not actually counting, then yes...we have a Oligarcy republic.

Who says it was forced upon them, maybe they wanted it but didn't have the required military power to rebel like we did some 200 years ago. Even though personally I don't agree with the reasons we went in, we are there now. And if the people want a tirant to lead them, at least now it could be their decision.

Didn't really agree with the reasons for going in, but once in we have no choice but to see it through. Anything less than ensuring a stable Iraq would be shirking responsibility for what we have wrought.

I guess the difference is that some people care about doing good things for other people right now, instead of talking about vague future plans. Oh well. I'm going to have a snack.

fraidykat said:

Is this why we have the biggest debt ever? Face it, Bush is a fucking retard and has shown it several times already in the course of his 4 years. The only bigger dumbasses are the tools that voted him back in. Nuff said.

Those people in Iraq still don't know who the person is they are voting for cause no one is publishing the names of the candidates.

Back