Place your bets...when will Half-Life 2 (full) leak onto web/P2P?

I am not advocating piracy, this is one of those 'get a large enough sample and it tends to be right' polls...so...

The official release date for HL2 is Nov 16. The final copy has been approved. There is a really good chance of course that it will leak beforehand given recent history of movies and games.

Place your bets as to when you think a full leaked and cracked copy will credibly (actually work) appear 'in the wild'?

(I don't mean CS:S, which is already out)

i'd think in about 2 to 3 months. valve has to have some good anti-crack measures put in, most likely some new countermeasures, this being HL2 and all.

Last edited:
You have to register your CD Key with Steam online before you can even play HL2 if you buy it in a box

those kinds of safeguards should delay the cracking for a bit longer than usual I would think

BeavisNuke said:
You have to register your CD Key with Steam online before you can even play HL2 if you buy it in a box

those kinds of safeguards should delay the cracking for a bit longer than usual I would think
there HAS to be another method, like phone. ONLY allowing online is stupid.

Fu6azi said:
I read the post four times.

Juarez ban
Ok so when is taking a census poll to see how close it comes to actual reality (an increasingly commonly practiced and currently heavily under study statistical technique for prediction of everything from manufacturing rates to what color a cereal should be) warez? I am not asking where to get anything, saying where to get anything, or advocating getting anything. I am asking when people think it will occur. Sometimes copies of movies or games appear in the wild a day after announcement, or weeks after mass shipment. I am curious about what people predict for this. I could just as easily do a poll of how much people think the Incredibles will take in at the box office its opening weekend - it's the same thing ya idiot.

Doaln said:
there HAS to be another method, like phone. ONLY allowing online is stupid.
nope, doug lombardi just confirmed what I said in an interview.

During installation the user will be prompted to authenticate the copy and create a Steam account. After that is complete, the single-player and LAN games do not require an Internet connection.

BeavisNuke said:
nope, doug lombardi just confirmed what I said in an interview.
that should be illegal. it most certainly won't be on the box that you NEED online access before you can even play the game. it's not going to help anyway. this is retarded. sometimes my internet goes down and i want to play a game. i shouldn't have to be ONLINE to install a fucking game.

Just wait....I've been hearing something from many different sources about Valve turning steam into a pay for play system. It wouldn't suprise me

They could put it on the box. Anyone who has a system capable of running HL2 is going to have internet access anyway.

Doaln said:
that should be illegal. it most certainly won't be on the box that you NEED online access before you can even play the game. it's not going to help anyway. this is retarded. sometimes my internet goes down and i want to play a game. i shouldn't have to be ONLINE to install a fucking game.

so make sure it's not down when you install it and you'll be fine.

JuggerNaught said:
Just wait....I've been hearing something from many different sources about Valve turning steam into a pay for play system. It wouldn't suprise me
It really wouldn't, and it would be extremely homosexual too.

Back