Oh I hate cops...

Violent

Veteran XX
As some of you know Phrozen and I are brothers... we live in a community with some really shitty rules and guidelines when it comes to parking... No trucks in the driveway, no cars in the street overnight, no cars down at the pool overnight. Well, we have a 2 car garage and behind that in the driveway fits 2 more cars. In a family with 5 vehicles and 5 busy lives theres a lot of shuffling and one person has to park down the road at the bank.

I barrowed my brothers car and on the walk back i get stopped by 2 cops in seperate cars.

cop 1: "What are you doing?"
me: "Walking to my house..."
cop 2: "Why are you walking?"
me: "Because i parked down the road"
cop 1: "Where?"
me: "At the bank at the end of the road"
cop 1: "So, why didnt you park at your house?"
me: "Because my garage is filled and the driveway spots are taken"
me: "I could park at the pool and get a ticket, or on the road and get a ticket... but i would rather not get a ticket so i parked down the road"
cop 1: "Thats kind of suspicious"
me: "Well what would you rather me do?"

at this point i was about to say "What walking is suspicious now?"
i just kinda nodded to him and walked away, they got in their cars and drove past me went down to the street i live on which is a circle... loop around and come out the other end and decide they need to put the spot light on me. I kinda covered my eyes and kept walking... as the cop drove by he said "Sorry thought that you were someone else" and drove off...

just irrating to get harassed by cops for no reason other then profiling

Acutally they are helping you out, you are a single man walking down the street at night in the middle of a residential neighborhood where everyone drives and has their cars parked. Though their excuse for spotlighting you sucked it's either be treated like that or have your mom's car stolen during the night by some guy that just walks in one day.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Cop was doing his job and you were smart-assed (if your dialogue is at all accurate) ...

Cops don't like smart asses...

haha, you shouldve said it just to piss him off, he couldnt do shit to you. I hate cops 95 percent of them are pig fucking assholes.

Johnny said:
haha, you shouldve said it just to piss him off, he couldnt do shit to you. I hate cops 95 percent of them are pig fucking assholes.
I don't think he's elderly and white, so it's best for him to have kept his mouth shut.

i'm inclined to be polite to cops, because i've been let off the hook before. cops around here generally aren't too bad. probably cause i'm a white male though, and they need me to help them keep the darkies down.

first of all, all sorts of different people get on the job. don't let your experience with one cop influence your take on how cops are in general. hell cops are different not only from city/town to city/town, but they even different within the same town.

second, RC that is the stupidest generalization ever. 'in general they are assholes. on and off duty.' read above point. it varies. just because your experiences with a limited few of them suck doesn't mean they all suck. maybe there's a certain something in your nature that makes cops treat you like shit? hrmmmmm....

third, there's nothing wrong with profiling as long as it's not based on race, gender, etc. racial profiling is wrong. criminal profiling is not. what time of the day was it? do people walk up and down that road frequently? how do you know there hasn't been burglaries lately or some other sort of crime pattern lately? etc. etc. they didn't even forcefully stop you. they asked you what you were doing in the area and that was it. i'd hardly classify that as harassment, give me a break.

fourth, for your own sake, i'm glad you held your tongue. i don't know how those cops were, but acting like a smartass to an authority figure is just dumb, especially when the balance of power is completely in their favor, even if they're in the wrong.

Back