so if there's a heaven, what is it like? if not, what happens to you when you die?

no heaven. being dead is like being unconcious. you are not aware of time, whether it be past or present. no memories, no thoughts. it is nothingness, just like before you were born. the end.

xsMaster said:
no heaven. being dead is like being unconcious. you are not aware of time, whether it be past or present. no memories, no thoughts. it is nothingness, just like before you were born. the end.
i think thats the major reason why people believe in religion

just nothingness for all time is pretty fucking anticlimactic and depressing so people just think of something better

Bodom said:

just nothingness for all time is pretty fucking anticlimactic and depressing so people just think of something better
depressing, yes. people have a hard time realizing that we arent special beings; simply mortal organic beings.

xsMaster said:

i hardly believe that my concious...my SOUL came about solely upon evolution and cells and electricity ect ect. there has to be a greater set of powers out there other than physics and chemistry that gave me the ability to reason and think and make concious descions...

i mean come on...i don't believe in reincarnation...nor do i believe in some place called heaven...but i would like to believe that we continue to exist in some other plane of existence...because we have a soul.

Bodom said:

Agreed.

JuggerNaught said:
when you die, you are dead, they put your rotting corpse into a box, thats it, game over
Sometimes they burn the corpse and film the cremation process. Then they sell the videos to freaks.

Fancy Cat said:
i hardly believe that my concious...my SOUL came about solely upon evolution and cells and electricity ect ect. there has to be a greater set of powers out there other than physics and chemistry that gave me the ability to reason and think and make concious descions...

i mean come on...i don't believe in reincarnation...nor do i believe in some place called heaven...but i would like to believe that we continue to exist in some other plane of existence...because we have a soul.
are you a religious person joe? a 'soul' is a religious reference.

I think that you never really 'die' but your phyiscal form ceases to exist. Your thoughts and 'soul' are basically a form of energy, energy cant die, it just changes form

I think that is what people see when they see ghosts. That is people's energy that has different 'consistencies' because maybe they were full of life or werent ready to die yet.

"But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
(1 Corinthians 2:9)

Back