So im not an anime fan

OFN but it bears repeating, no matter how old.

There are more gems like Cowboy Bebop if you're willing to look for them, but they're kinda rare. The vast majority of anime is rather formulaic once you get down to it.

Generally, if you want the real cream of the anime crop, a lot of anime movies rather than TV shows tend to be much more cerebral, much more enjoyable on artistic and storytelling merits.

i watched the one called le pierre la fure (somethin like that )
and it had some of the most badass camera cartoon angles with the fighting scene at the beginning

ElectroWaffle said:
i watched the one called le pierre la fure (somethin like that )
and it had some of the most badass camera cartoon angles with the fighting scene at the beginning
Pierrot Le Fou.

And that was a masterpiece.

Pierrot Le Fou was one of the finest episodes style-wise. Cinematography was off the hook, particularly the scene where Spike fights Tongpu on the ice sled ride and the ducks are flying past him like bullets. The part where Spike demolishes the robot dog was pretty cool as well.

My personal favorite episodes are still Jupiter Jazz Parts I and II, though, simply because they have Gren. For a guy with such supple breasts, he sure knew how to lay down the law.

bebop is amazing.. i was introduced to it via the movie, by a gay friend.. so i was afraid it was gonna be like veiled homoerotic cartoons.. luckily it wasnt, and i downloaded all the episodes..
only other anime ive liked was evangelion, and jin-roh

ps. the song jupiter jazz is one of the most relaxing things ive ever heard

[THE]Perrin said:
And for sheer entertainment. No TV show EVER has entertained to to the degree Naruto does.

Well that's pretty subjective.

I love Naruto, but let's face it, it'll be the new DBZ once it comes to the states.

anime fucking sucks, i see all the fucking queers and faggots that are into it and they are retards

i got out of cartoons when i was like 12 sorry

Wolf's Rain is done by the same people as Bebop I think. And after the first episode I am awaiting more goodness from the next one.

Poor Jet, always having to put up with all that BS from Spike and Faye...few good things ever seem to happen to the poor guy, whether he's hunting down his ex-girlfriend's spastic yet virile young boy-toy, getting double-crossed by his old partner, or just getting shot all to hell by Spike's old syndicate friends. A big man with a bald head and a shiny metal arm shouldn't have to put up with that shizzle.

Oh well, at least he got some glory in the movie, which he richly deserved.

Sir Lucius said:
Well that's pretty subjective.

I love Naruto, but let's face it, it'll be the new DBZ once it comes to the states.

Very true :(. However the characters are realistic enough in this that I actually enjoy it. Also DBZ was only a giant fight from what I know, where as naruto I look forward to the story progression as much, or more than the fight scenes.

Also I meant that to say has ever entertained ME as much btw. So it isn't quite as bad as it came across.

Back