Ok, NYU Dorm stuff came today, where do I want to live?

ph³³r

Veteran X
NYU kids, whick is the best dorm to live in? I heard Third Ave. North is pretty rad. I care less about location and more about having fun whenever I want. Is appt. style better than Residence?

Experiances?

fartiusstinkius said:
are you going there next fall? if so, they're sending you the dorm stuff really fucking early.

Early decision kids get sent stuff quick. We also get first choice of dorms, so thats why I'm asking. The earlier I get it in the better my chances are for getting my requested dorm.

it's cool you get first choice. i just chose my dorms a couple weeks ago for next semester. as you can no doubt guess, i didn't get first choice.

what part ph33r? friend of mine didn't get into the arts and science program so he went to GSP.

Your not choosing if your a freshman. Preferences mean shit. I'd hope for third north, the other dorms are complete shit holes. Second choice i'd say Hayden which isnt bad as well. You will probably get rueuben or brittany... those are the shit hole they stick freshmen in. Of course i've since graduated so this could all have changed.

ph³³r said:
NYU kids, whick is the best dorm to live in? I heard Third Ave. North is pretty rad. I care less about location and more about having fun whenever I want. Is appt. style better than Residence?

Experiances?

You can't even spell and your grammar blows. How the fuck did you get into NYU?

pathogen said:
You can't even spell and your grammar blows. How the fuck did you get into NYU?

Because TW != SATs. I don't think NYU requests a history of posts on Tribalwar to get in, although they should.

Urraca said:
Because TW != SATs. I don't think NYU requests a history of posts on Tribalwar to get in, although they should.
Yeah, but he can't spell and his grammar blows EVERYWHERE. So I would assume that this habbit would have been carried over to his standardized tests; obviously not. He seduced the admissions officer. :shrug:

litterbox said:
Your not choosing if your a freshman. Preferences mean shit. I'd hope for third north, the other dorms are complete shit holes. Second choice i'd say Hayden which isnt bad as well. You will probably get rueuben or brittany... those are the shit hole they stick freshmen in. Of course i've since graduated so this could all have changed.
yea things have changed

here are the perks of various dorms:

weinstein - social but pretty crappy living conditions, right near campus, freshmen only

third north - social, mix of classes, kinda far from campus

palladium - supposed to be pretty fancy, nice dining hall, full gym, really far from campus

hayden (where i'm at) - mostly freshmen but others too (might change to all freshman next year), near campus, on the park

alumni hall - single bedroom suites

they're all relatively social. goddard and brittany don't have dining halls so they're a bitch imo.

pathogen said:
Yeah, but he can't spell and his grammar blows EVERYWHERE. So I would assume that this habbit would have been carried over to his standardized tests; obviously not. He seduced the admissions officer. :shrug:

Who the fuck are you, and why the hell do you care about grammar on a fucking interweb gaming forum? The only word I misspelled was "which." I'm so fucking sorry my finger slipped and hit "k" instead of "h."

Eat a dick, ass pirate 12 year old.

Gundamflare said:
what part ph33r? friend of mine didn't get into the arts and science program so he went to GSP.

Yeah, i'm in GSP... :shrug:

2.5 is going to be a snap to get + maintain, so I don't really see a significant downside. Frosh year might blow a little, but I fully intend to party my ass off.

pathogen said:
you suck at assumptions obviously

pathogen said:

pot...kettle...black?

ph³³r said:
Yeah, i'm in GSP... :shrug:

2.5 is going to be a snap to get + maintain, so I don't really see a significant downside. Frosh year might blow a little, but I fully intend to party my ass off.

What's your GPA/SAT score? I might apply there Normal.

So far i've applied to
Suny Bing
Suny Stony
Suny Geneseo
Suny IT (don't ask why, though I heard they're not that bad)
Rochester IT
Rutgers (whatever one does the comp sci division)

Though NYU really isn't the best for CS (so I heard..) I'm hoping to get into either Bing or RIT.

3.94GPA
shitty SAT: 1240

Back