can't find slave HD

advisory

Veteran X
i have two HD's, an older 8 gb one that i use for system shit, and a western digital 80 gig for personal shit.

i just formatted the smaller HD, drive C. ive got most drivers and updates installed. However, in my computer the large HD, drive D, is not showing up... what can i do to make my comp recognize it?

btw, it all worked fine before the reformat, so its all set up properly im guessing

so its showing up under the slave when it boots? did you format it using ntfs and have windows 98?

if not what OS are you using and what did you use when you formated it?

filsinger said:
so its showing up under the slave when it boots? did you format it using ntfs and have windows 98?

if not what OS are you using and what did you use when you formated it?

yea, its showing up as the ide primary slave in my BIOS. I didn't format this drive, i formatted my other one. the slave has all my personal stuff, with NO OS. the master has the OS on it w/ relatively nothing else, just system stuff. I'm running 98se

1) why are you using an older (and most likely slower) drive for your system drive?

2) what OS did you used to run before you formatted and put 98se on?

i figure why not use the 8 gig HD, which is no where near large enough for my stuff, for my OS and stuff I won't be using alot. Then use the 80 gig for my music, games, etc.

I had 98se on it before

so you formatted the 8 gig which had your OS on it? so what OS are you running now?

if you are running 2k/xp, you might have to assign the 80gig a drive letter in computer management

i formatted the 8gb HD which had my 98se OS on it. Reinstalled 98se to it, so i'm running off the 8 gb HD now. the 80gb shows up in my BIOS, but not in windows :-/

damnit, bump. ive tried everything and can't get it do show up in windows, even though it shows up in my BIOS

Back