this is a stealth bomber with camo paint

xpdnc

Contributor
Veteran XX
HortenHO229[1].jpg

btw, it's in a mod for 1940-era bf1942 and jessica simpson claims that it isn't a stealth bomber

it's not the "stealth" bomber, however the concept of a "flying wing" to deal with wind interference was developed in the 40's, and tested as a war machine. The stealth aspect of the plane was added later on.

actually it's a Horten HO229, but it never saw combat

(it's still a stealth bomber with camo paint)

HelenKeller said:
besides, what good is camo on the top of a stealth bomber? :lol:

i figured it was so that it might be less visible when it is in transport on the ground, or parked on the ground

i mean, stealth bombers dont spend 24/7 in the sky :rolleyes:

kold said:
i figured it was so that it might be less visible when it is in transport on the ground, or parked on the ground

i mean, stealth bombers dont spend 24/7 in the sky :rolleyes:

let me know when the USAF starts parking their B-2's in the middle of the woods, dude.

HelenKeller said:
besides, what good is camo on the top of a stealth bomber? :lol:

when you look down at it , it looks like the ground, that is also the reason the belly is painted white (when you look up it looks like clouds).

for reference check out birds and fish, they all have coloring used to confuse predators.

haha im stupid, those things are based in the US and fly all over the world so yeah

i think their black paint helps them stay off the radar too iirc.

so in conclusion camo paint on stealth bomber = stupid

They keep B-2's in Steel Bunkers in Virginia. On a Military base. Concrete. It's black against white (sorta) you think they're hard to miss? In the 1940's, the B-2's were experemental aircraft. They hid them any way possible.

DrJacabo said:
when you look down at it , it looks like the ground, that is also the reason the belly is painted white (when you look up it looks like clouds).

for reference check out birds and fish, they all have coloring used to confuse predators.

:lol:

that's all well and good. but my point is...do you REALLY THINK that a B-2 needs to be concerned with something that is able to destroy it making visual contact from above?

xpdnc said:
btw, it's in a mod for 1940-era bf1942 and jessica simpson claims that it isn't a stealth bomber

And im still right

Back