Dinner: ENCHILADAS! (pics)

gofishgrrl.

Veteran X
My family wanted enchiladas, and I'm the enchilada person in the family...so it was up to me to make dinner. I promised I'd make a detailed thread on how I made them...soooo...onward. (Yes, I realize that sometimes the mixture looks just like goatse - but I promise it's delicious in the end.)

gofishgrrl's Chicken Enchiladas

First...turn on the oven to 350 degrees so it's ready when you're finished.

ovenon.jpg

Here are all the ingredients to make them...

ingredients.jpg

Mix together 3/4 cup of salsa and 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce and cover the bottom of the dish.

step1.jpg

Mix 1 cup of salsa and 1 cup of enchilada sauce and mix into a niiiice big bowl.

step2.jpg

Mix in two cups of cheddar/monterey jack cheese.

step3.jpg

Mix in one cup of sour cream. (Finally getting that goatse feel...mmm.)

step4.jpg

Grill 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

chicken.jpg

Sandy's getting pissed at this point, and starts barking at the chicken.

sandywantsfood.jpg

Cut up the chicken into small pieces and put into mixture. Scissors work very well for this.

step5.jpg

Mix the chicken into the...mixture.

step6.jpg

Take the mixture and begin spooning it into the warmed tortillas.

step7.jpg

*whew* Halfway done...

halfdone.jpg

My sister is making some tasty cornbread, which is quite tasty with enchiladas.

cornbread.jpg

AND WE'RE FINISHED WITH THE SPOONING.

donewithoutcheese.jpg

Spread about 2 1/2 more cups of cheese lightly on top of the enchiladas.

donewithcheese.jpg

THEY'RE READY TO COOK! Place them inside the oven (like so) and set the timer for 35 minutes.

putinoven.jpg

I made the mistake of walking away when they finished, and a few minutes later, they were ALMOST GONE! Still had to get a picture of them cooked, though.

uhohalmostgone.jpg

Last but not least - my dad enjoying the finished result. I believe his exact words were "these are KILLER enchiladas, Liz." Big compliment from a triathlete that eats everything in sight.

dadlikes.jpg

wow, those look really good right now......good things i have these honey roasted peanuts here to keep me at bay

did your parents ask why you're taking pictures of everything in the kitchen and rushing to the computer to post them on an internet website where the first reply asks for pics of your tits?

Back