Wash Post: Powell Will Not Serve If Bush Wins A Second Term

wow

Let's not put Powell in that situation so he won't have to make tough choices ;)

I hope Bush choses Wolfowitz, that guy is pretty cool.

Mis-leading headline. Powell doesn't say it's because of Bush, he sources merely point out he made a comittment to his wife, and it's not with the administration.

"Powell has indicated to associates that a commitment made to his wife, rather than any dismay at the administration's foreign policy, is a key factor in his desire to limit his tenure to one presidential term. "

How is the headline misleading? Or are you just admitting you're retarded and thought "State Dept. Changes Seen if Bush Reelected" meant "Powell thinks bush is a fucktard"

Did you read the topic on this thread?

TO me it seemed as though it was pointing out Powell was at odds with Bush. :shrug:

So you read "Powell Will Not Serve If Bush Wins A Second Term" as "Powell thinks Bush is a fucktard?"

Are you that retarded?

Ordos said:
Mis-leading headline. Powell doesn't say it's because of Bush, he sources merely point out he made a comittment to his wife, and it's not with the administration.

"Powell has indicated to associates that a commitment made to his wife, rather than any dismay at the administration's foreign policy, is a key factor in his desire to limit his tenure to one presidential term. "

way to spin the news scythe...he is stepping down regardless. it has nothing to do with Bush

Bodom said:
way to spin the news scythe...he is stepping down regardless. it has nothing to do with Bush

Apparantly your a fucktard along with me now Bodom, according to Raven.

scy7he said:
explain the funny. you title the thread in such a way it makes it sound like he is at odds with Bush and therefore stepping down if Bush is re-elected

Powell says he is stepping down no matter WHO is elected

Raven64 said:
wow

Let's not put Powell in that situation so he won't have to make tough choices ;)

I hope Bush choses Wolfowitz, that guy is pretty cool.

Wolfowitz is a fucking nazi, he should not be allowed to serve on the Bush machine.

What is misleading about the title? Go over it word for word.

"Wash Post: Powell Will Not Serve If Bush Wins A Second Term"

How is that misleading? Don't be an idiot.

Bodom said:
explain the funny. you title the thread in such a way it makes it sound like he is at odds with Bush and therefore stepping down if Bush is re-elected

Powell says he is stepping down no matter WHO is elected

Oh dear god.

First off, the thread title is from Drudge, not from me.

Secondly, the statement is true. It isn't a spin. It only sounds like he's at odds with the administration because of current events.

Third, I'm laughing (IRL I might add) because you seem to think that I'm lying to you guys about Powell's and Bush's relationship. As if I was expecting you people not to read the article. Jesus tap dancing Christ.

Read the Headline,

IF is the key word. It sounds like its a threat that IF Bush is elected, I will step down.

If you worded it, Powell to step down at end of current term as Secretary of State, it would sound a lot less like it has something to do with Bush.

Back