The Grilled Cheese Chicken Sandwhich (pics)

PoorDoggy

Veteran XV
Tonight I did my long-thought-about but never-before-attempted culinary experiment. Wouldn't it be delicious to make a grilled cheese sandwhich (quite possibly the best food ever when paired with tomato soup) with chicken inside?

To construct this masterpiece, you will need the following:

Bread.JPG

Skillet.JPG

Cheese.JPG

Chicken.JPG

Butter.JPG

Spatula.JPG

Once you have gathered your food, it is time to make the sandwhich.

Step one is to cook the chicken. You may wish to do this in the oven, but I was in a hurry and used a microwave. One minute heated up my chicken's breast enough for the grilling to finish it off.

Microwave.JPG

While your chicken is cooking, butter your bread. A knife makes this easier.

Buttering.JPG

Next, construct the sandwhich and place it on the skillet. Bread, cheese, chicken, cheese, bread, from top to bottom. This ensures gooey cheesiness (don't you always use two pieces of cheese when making a sandwhich like this?) and tastiness.

Grilling1.JPG

Flip the sandwhich over using the spatula once you think the grilling side is golden brown. This requires previous grilled cheese experience...I don't time it. Sixth sense, perhaps. Or one too many charred cheese sandwhiches.

Grilling2.JPG

Once the second side is done, you have a finished sandwhich. Hot melted cheese, crispy bread and succulent chicken. Be sure to put it on a paper plate so you can throw it away when you're done.

FinalSandwhich.JPG

Always clean up your mess. Put the dishes in the sink for your mom to do.

Dishes.JPG

So how does it taste? Great! I devoured mine, then made one for my girlfriend who, despite her initial doubts, thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

FirstBite.JPG

dude you're a fucking genious

it's been so long since I made grilled cheese... I'd hit up the store if it wasn't so late

Back