Mexico owned my ass

CmdrKeen

Veteran X
Okay I'm dead tired and Lupine is going to hate me for posting first, but I thought I might get the "pics or it didn't happen" demands started.

Here is the set-up: Me and nine other people (Jackie, Shelley, Lily, Mac, Gabe (Lupine), Lara, Jamie, Clara (jackie, shelley and jamie's mom) and Chris (jackie, shelley and jamie's dad) all head to mexico sunday july sixth. We are traveling in two vehicles, a newer model Sienna mini-van and my 2000 Hyundia Elantra (yes my car suck(ed)). We leave at about 3pm on sunday, I drive the elantra for the first 13 hours untill we are about half way between Monterray and San Miguel de Allende(our destination), then I let Jackie take over. I go to sleep after we stop for food, when I fell asleep I was sitting in the passenger seat, jackie was driving, Lily was in the back seat behind me and Gabe was in the back behind the drivers side. The next thing I know I wake up to a scream, then a crunch, by the time my eyes are open and I am awake enough to take in what is going on around me we are upside-down. I remeber seeing brush and grass sliding past my window and smelling dirt. The next thing I remeber we are upright again, stopped and I'm outside of the car, Jackie is getting out as are Gabe and Lily. Gabe is bleeding from the right side of his face, so we grab anything we can find and tell him to hold it against his head. I'll let him fill you in on what happened to him, he posts as Lupine. Yes there will be pictures, I just got back though and need sleep so I will develope them and post tomorrow. In the long run my car was totalled so I just gave it over to the mexican imports office to do as they like with it. So we finally get to the house we are staying in (awsome three story mansion) spend the next four days there then head back by bus (those of us who wouldn't fit in the van). On top of all this I spent three of the four days sick.

yes the gramar sucks, as does the spelling... live with it I'm sick and tired!

My conclusion:

Mexico > Me

can't wait to go back!

-CmdrKeen

Don't drink the water (well, I guess you did... learn your lesson eh?)

*edit*
I just read your post... nevermind my comment above.. glad you're still alive heh heh

I was in Mexico (Cuernavaca - 45 miles south of Mexico City) for three weeks and brushed my teeth with the water everyday and never got sick :shrug: I love Mexico tho.. Can't wait to get back down there. People there are so freakin nice to Americans.

ive only ever been to cabo san lucas and the surrounding area. not that thats a bad thing, that area is fucking awesome

Let me get this straight:

Your friend Jackie totals your car and nearly kills you, and you don't bother to ask how the accident happened?

PsioniX said:
ive only ever been to cabo san lucas and the surrounding area. not that thats a bad thing, that area is fucking awesome

If you ever really want to "experience" Mexico, you should concider visiting Cuernavaca or Puebla.

JimmyCarter said:
If you ever really want to "experience" Mexico, you should concider visiting Cuernavaca or Puebla.

i dunno if i do. I know baja is a different world, but i liked that different world.

Perhpas in a former life you ravaged Mexico as a notorious bandito, and this incident with your car was a warning to you that your comeuppance is on the way, gringo... :dapimp:

Karma is a terrible spectacle, but a spectacle nonetheless. Boy howdy, do I love this planet.

Cabo Owns

cabosunset.jpg

landsend.jpg

bigrock.jpg

loversbeach.jpg

Sammy(and Michael Anthony) at the Cabo Wabo 10/13/2002

sammynmike1.jpg

sammynmike2.jpg

Last edited:
I've only let a bitch drive my car once. And that's because I was demolished and didn't want to leave my car in a bad part of town.

Honestly, women are fucking horrible drivers by nature. Only reason men get into more accidents is because of speeding. As for common sense, most women don't have it.

Glow said:
Honestly, women are fucking horrible drivers by nature. Only reason men get into more accidents is because of speeding. As for common sense, most women don't have it.
Actually, it's because men drive more. Crashes per mile driven are lower for men than for women.

Speeding is irrelevant. Fatal crashes nearly doubled when Montana got rid of its "Reasonable and Prudent" speed limit with a hard number, I think 75mph.

A stat i heard recently, based on aussie drivers, was that Females have more crashes then males. But the male crashes are, by percentage, worse. So you are more likley to die/write off a car in a male driven car crash then a female driven one. However you are more likely to have a crash with a female driver.

In other words, females hit cars in car parking lots. Males find trees to wrap themselves around.

Back