What's the craziest thing you've ever done while driving

Kudoz

Banned
That could've left you in an accident...

mine, my sunglasses have a very reflective surface, so, whatever i'm looking at out of my windshield reflects off of them quite clearly, but not entirely clearly, and the surface is much smaller so it's quite harder to see little things and judge distances, and turns come up quicker on you than you know they're there....so basically, i drove half of the way home from work (about 2 miles), looking in the rear-view mirror, looking into my glasses and trying to drive that way...i did good, except me almost scraping a barrier...but i managed not to...i'm ready for nascar!

what's yours?

road head and sevral times of waking up while driving when i was way to fucking tired (i now keep a bottle of no-doze in my car at all times)

wow your a non-original retarded dickhead

go drive into a river, preferably a fast moving deep one

I once got real bored on a road trip of 5+ hours and was hella bored. Started playing with the fireman and almost lost control of the car. Then some semi-driver started flashing his lights at me...dont know if he was pissed at my driving or sickened by my acts, still, felt like a pervert afterwards and it was well worth it.
*edit*
Also, when I was first prescribed Aderol I experienced a major bout of insomnia and after 2 days of no sleep I was driving and I was seeing weird shadows. Not really hallucinating, but the shadows were moving (really hard to describe what it was). But I was a moron for driving.

Last edited:
Coming back from Billings, Montana at 4AM. We were on the highway with a long straight stretch of road, no cars coming. It also happened to be a construction area so we swerved in and out of the cones and then just started hitting them.... :shrug:

Took my old Toyota SR5 mini-truck, which was essentially dead, out to the woods & went all crazy. Driving like those cars that race Pike's Peak & shit. We eventually went off of the dirt road & wrapped it around a tree. Got the big 4 wheel drive to pull it out & the little bugger still ran! Didn't drive real well but it made it home & then to the junk yard.

Another one: I sold my 1972 Ford Ranchero for $150 so I could take my g/f to prom. It was a restoration project so .....whatever.

tons of crazy shit. doing whippets behind the wheel, tried to pull a dukes of hazard in my old Z by trying to jump an unfinished median island - didn't make it, riding down the railroad tracks on thr rails in a pinto trying to beat the oncoming train to the intersection, lots of other stuff i dont even remember. it's amazing i'm still alive.

fingered a gf
almost missed an exit so i cut across and missed the sand bag thingies by a few feet, think i got about 4 different honks for that one

I have done a few dumb things like racing in my new car but nothing really worth mentioning. However, after I got the car and I still had my old beater...

- I'd get a couple of friends and we would set up late at night in an empty parking lot a bunch of shopping carts, and do like a slalom. My car had a turning radius that was so narrow we usually rammed every 2nd cart. We would also go full speed and ram into the sides of shopping carts and see how far they would tumble. One time I rammed a cart and it got stuck under my car and because of the way I was going we almost flipped.

- Hit exit ramps at around 100 kph, nearly flipping my car. This was always fun especially when my bald tires would squeal and my nonexistant suspension really multiplied the G-forces.

- There is a 10-mile long dirt road that goes along a pretty abandoned farming/industrial area near my friend's house. We would take my car and go down this bumpy, hole ridden road at 80-100 kph (speed limit was 20?), hitting ditches, spinning out on corners and everything, it was a real rally experience. The terrain was very varied too since we went during a rainy period. We hit mud, dirt, gravel, grass and pavement all in the same 10 mile strip! We had a stopwatch too and we would take turns seeing who could get the fastest time. Around the last time I did this I drove my car into a big ditch (normally I would jump it) and the oil light came on and the thing stalled. It was pretty funny since it wouldnt start and we contemplated leaving it there, but eventually it did start. I drove it home with low oil pressure and then it leaked oil all over my driveway.

I bought an old WW2 gas mask (full face mask) that had a bong attached to it... driving down the road with it on, getting high as hell :p was pretty dangerous because after a few rips, the mask gets totally clouded inside, and it hurts like hell to keep your eyes open.

or the times we would go drunken ditch driving in the middle of the night, running over mailboxes and stuff. had a guy fall off the roof of the car while doing about 30 mph... he had some pretty bad road rash afterwords.

C_H_A said:
Took my old Toyota SR5 mini-truck, which was essentially dead, out to the woods & went all crazy. Driving like those cars that race Pike's Peak & shit. We eventually went off of the dirt road & wrapped it around a tree. Got the big 4 wheel drive to pull it out & the little bugger still ran! Didn't drive real well but it made it home & then to the junk yard.

Another one: I sold my 1972 Ford Ranchero for $150 so I could take my g/f to prom. It was a restoration project so .....whatever.
you could shoot a .50 cal round through the engine block of a 20r/22r engine and it would probably still run

I got into my car after school, and went to pull away. To my left was a girl, i began to look at her and before realising it I was driving towards another car. I looked back and cranked the wheel to the right. It was fairly close and i don't know why the other driver didn't do anything, but that the closest i've gotten to an accident. blah

I get rear-ended a lot

went off-roading in my buddies jeep and tried to go over these ruts and got stuck on the fram of ther car, so another jeep pulled us out and the car was so tilted to the left that the drivers window was 2ft off the ground.

same time got stuck on a 5ft wall of dirt, i was sitting is if i was laying down the car was so perpindicular to the ground when we got stuck.

same time we went down a 3ft wall of dirt and the angle was so steep i was staring right at the ground.

Back