Europe trip cancelled..Say Hello to new summer adventure Backpackin!

ScooBySnaCk

Tribalwar Overlord
Veteran XX
Well Fancy_cat's flight school turned out to be only a week after he graduates plus all the crap over the war made me wanna stay within the borders of the good ol USA.. So Yankee and I were talkin and we thought it would be a good thing to get a few people (about 8 max) and go backpacking in some really nice place for a week or so.
Now here is the problemo..we need to find out where to go for like a week and not be in some touristy area. Would like lakes, mountains etc do some fishing and basically "rough it" without seeing other people for the duration. I know some of yall know some places so cough it up.
Time frame? Not sure..thinking July but want to do a week at least. Throw some ideas out if you know of some good areas. Yankee was talking about colorado springs...and I was thinking Montana/Oregon..

enjoy

The Sierras are still pretty untamed. Lots of off-the-beaten path areas there. Haven't been to the areas you're talking about though.

why dont you fuck nuts "rough it" down to pensacola florida for a week or so..we got beaches, bitches, my boat, beer..and on the weekend, trip to new orleans

what the fuck

anywhere on the appalachian trail. you've got from georgia to maine to pick where. i'm partial to the northeast region myself. you could even try the adirondacks, awsome hiking there.

i would have totally gone if i didn't just blow a week of vacataion on a trip to iceland and scotland at the end of april, heh...

you guys should check out the Boundry Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota...I spent a week there canoeing and hiking (with the canoe!) 2 years ago...it was awesome. Ran into people only a handfull of times.

yosemite.

wsup.

btw-if we went camping and you woke up with vaseline on ur butt and it was sore would you tell anyone?

Got Haggis? said:
i would have totally gone if i didn't just blow a week of vacataion on a trip to iceland and scotland at the end of april, heh...

you guys should check out the Boundry Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota...I spent a week there canoeing and hiking (with the canoe!) 2 years ago...it was awesome. Ran into people only a handfull of times.

this is a great and unique area, if you go bring lots of bug juice, and apply for permits soon

Backpack the cascades. I'm sure there's several good areas to spend a few days, the high points of which you could see rainier, st helens, and baker at once.

Or you could split into teams of 2 and paintball your way through the trails. ;)

Fancy Cat said:
why dont you fuck nuts "rough it" down to pensacola florida for a week or so..we got beaches, bitches, my boat, beer..and on the weekend, trip to new orleans

what the fuck

what an idea!!

appalachian trail sounds nice...except its hot and humid there in the summer, I'm thinking high and dry..

-prAna- said:
boundry waters canoe area in minnesota is pretty desolate

Yup, there isnt much touristing up there from out of state, not like the Appalachians or Cascades.

Yah if you guys wanted to hike the App. trail, you would have had to start like last week, heh.

I know Lindsay and a couple of our peeps up here are gonna do some hiking this summer up around here. Dunno where tho... that's someone else's job ;)

just hike the northern sections of the trail....wouldn't be too bad in Maine I bet, heh. (even though I guess the 100 mile wilderness is in Maine)

Back