Revisiting a Great : 2001 - A Space Odyssey

nope|tank

Veteran XX
Well, since i have been told my posts are horrid, ive decided to make an addition to my regime of posting, hopefully people will enjoy these as i intend to engage you readers and get some real responses.

What i will be doing is every once and a while, probably once every couple weeks, i will watch a classic movie, all revolving around a single director/producer. My first series as you can see will be Stanley Kubric. Why not start out with one of the most dynamic and intriguing artists of all time. With him i hope to explore his movies based on open ended questions that i have, and perhaps i will state some of my own theories. Later i plan on doing some Hitchcock, followed up with some suggestions by you all.

Enjoy!

I decided to watch it again tonight, first time in a couple years, but wow, i still become mesmorized from when the dude starts to go through the vortex by jupiter. i love it when hal sings to dave, and wow, it still confuses the shit out of me.

I cant tell if it is supposed to be a retrospect on human evolution, the development of technology, and the downfall of it all, only to end in re-birth, a sort of "Siddhartha" approach to life..

Or it is just a commentary on technological evolution, and how without checks and balances the human race will lose control, from the finding of the club as a tool when the apes killed off one aggressor, to the development of the HAL 9000 computer, which is able to mimic the modern human mind, but adapt better, and foremost, emote.

What is your take on it all?

It was playing a few weeks ago on the Space channel, in Canada.

I turned it off, because so much is taken away visually if you don't watch it on a movie theater screen or a huge tv.

i can't stop laughing when the apes start to learn how to beat the shit out of each other, and the first triumphant blow of bone to all the other bones strewn about, god that maeks me crack up.

i actually find it quite humorous as well..

I never really get into however until the first space sections.. i really dont know why however..

I didn't read beyond the first line, but.....

nope|tank said:
Well, since i have been told my posts are horrid, ive decided to make an addition to my regime
Your posts are a government? Maybe you meant "routine"?

BTW, I never saw 2001.

Back