if you had $1,500...

Phantred

Veteran XV
To blow, but not on computers or your hobby or whatever, just to invest, for any amount of time...

Where would you put it?

A CD.
Maybe Gold if you learn how to buy it. I'm sure there's a broker involved when you get into the pure stuff. $1500 would probably get you 1 coin. Gold is moving up since the stock market is in the tank, and interest rates are also low.

Last edited:
Invest in gold. Did you know if you invest 50,000 dollars in gold it could be worth 250,000 dollars in the next few years. Unlike the stock market gold will always be valuable. Gold could go from ~500 dollars per troy ounce to over ~1500 dollars per troy ounce.

No not really but I see those stupid fucking adds everywhere. 1500 dollars isn't much if you are looking for a quick investment. Toss it in a mutual fund though or 401k of some sorts is my honest opinion.

KellyMonaco said:
Depends what sort of return I wanted, and how much risk I was willing to take getting it...

1 to 2 years, maximum return possible, willing to take almost any decent risk(anything that isn't a 'get rich quick' scheme)

I'd either go with a CD, or invest in myself and take a class in some nifty craft that I can make some extra cash with.

Dai Shinzo said:
Invest in gold. Did you know if you invest 50,000 dollars in gold it could be worth 250,000 dollars in the next few years.

And I also "could" win the lottery tomorrow.

-]P[-Veor said:
And I also "could" win the lottery tomorrow.

I was being sarcastic. I would never invest in precious metals. All it takes is one country being dumb and flooding the market like what happened with silver and bye bye monies.

Dai Shinzo said:
Sorry unless your willing to dabble in under a dollar stocks which are high risk you won't make poop in a quick way.

step dads brother invested a few hundred in some $.30 stocks one day, sold them a week later made almost 3 grand

Yes but they are still high risk which he said he doesn't want to deal with. I've dabbled in them too with decent returns but I wouldn't do it now that is for sure ;\

Phantred said:
1 to 2 years, maximum return possible, willing to take almost any decent risk(anything that isn't a 'get rich quick' scheme)
Then either:

a) Start doing lots of reading, and invest in the market (Homeland Security-type stuff is doing well right now... ;))

b) Find a decent broker to do it for you.

Personally I'd play it safe and put it in a CD like Bubbles suggested, or buy some precious metals like Platinum or Gold. My bet is the economy is going to majorly tank next year.

Dai Shinzo said:
Yes but they are still high risk which he said he doesn't want to deal with. I've dabbled in them too with decent returns but I wouldn't do it now that is for sure ;\

i know, i just thought it was interesting you can make that much money off of <1$ stocks.

When we were doing a fake stock thingy in high school, I invested 5000 fake dollars in a $0.13 stock and 2 weeks later when we handed in the project the shares were worth more than 2 bucks. I got a good mark :)

i did the stock market simulation year before last, made around 10 g's i think, not too bad

Back