When are people doing to realize that communties

aegisalpha said:
This moment of incoherant rambling brought to you by RamataKahn.

No, it just came from looking at different game forums (especially this one) and hearing people say that how game companies don't listen to or care about the communities like they owe them or something.

Last edited:
RamataKahn said:
No, it just came from looking at different game forums (especially this one) and hearing people say that how game companies to listen to or care about the communities like they owe them or something.

They do owe them in a way, they buy and help hype the games.

These 'communities' you speak of make up the 'customer base' you seem to ignore, without these 'customers' these 'game companies' cannot sell their 'products' so they can't make 'money' to feed their 'children' or buy their 'hookers'.

That was fun.

Not sure I'm following you. Are you saying groups of people who share the enjoyment of a game together, should be ignored by the makers of said game? That the people who enjoy their product should have no bearing what so ever on their current and future products?

I'm going to guess that you are trying to say that the hard-core communities shouldn't overshadow the majority (the more casual gamer)?

Magikal Groove said:
Not sure I'm following you. Are you saying groups of people who share the enjoyment of a game together, should be ignored by the makers of said game? That the people who enjoy their product should have no bearing what so ever on their current and future products?

I'm going to guess that you are trying to say that the hard-core communities shouldn't overshadow the majority (the more casual gamer)?

No, the hardcore communities should not overshadow the casual ones, I agree on that. Nor should they change a game (or a sequel to a game) to give only the hardcore communities what they want.

Back