most horrid food you've ever had?

-]DoW[-RedDeath

Veteran XV
has to be lutefisk. its a traditional norweigan dish. basically put, it's cod that has been soaked in lye, which turns it to jelly. lots of old people, and others in my family absolutely love the stuff

:sick:

I used to work in a supermarket deli. There are alot of nasty food out there. Pickled herring, I ate some on a bet :sick:

But the worst thing I would never eat is blood and tongue.

bloodtonguesausage.jpg

It's like head cheese only the gelitin is made with blood. I think it's a Russian food.

Limberger cheese.

It is the same bacteria as the stuff under your toenails, no joke.

It smells bad, as you might imagine. What is harder to imagine is how that odor penetrates your whole head for an hour if you eat even the tiniest bit.

kjdraco said:
I used to work in a supermarket deli. There are alot of nasty food out there. Pickled herring, I ate some on a bet :sick:
grandpa loves pickled herring...we eat a lot of fish, but i'm not a big herring fan...most of the time i just use them for bait

Lilith said:
Haggis. Bleh!

Forgot the word. There's a town in NJ (Kearny) that sells all kinds of Scottish food. That's how my grandmother was raised so I ate alot of it as a kid.

over in China, this meat on a stick with curry sauce, it was either dog or monkey.

...........end thread..........

haggis/gefelte fish/blood sausage/head cheese all pale in comparison to lutefisk. it is the absolute worst. i know scottish food gets a bad rap for being terrible, but those ppl clearly haven't experienced traditional norwegian dishes yet. :sick:

good call reddeath

Last edited:
I've heard of lutefish before, but unless you see it... pics please?

And while it may not be the worst, an honorable mention goes to salmon loaf. Like meatloaf only made with salmon.

You can put the bones in, because when it cooks the bones get soft and break up easy in your mouth. But there's nothign nastier than knowing your chewing on a vertebra.

Worst tasting thing I've ever eaten was soggy lasagna made with kraft process cheese slices. It had soggy noodles, undercooked gushy ground beef and the sauce was runny. I think the cheese was expired too.

:( dissin' the haggis...

I like haggis and I am not even scottish

I like lamb pie too with a pint of guinness

I dunna like german food much though and...

I would never eat Austrial Aboriginal fire roasted 'pop corn'.

Back